My 5 year old Fiddler in the news....

-

Haney

www.carsonandironmt.com
Reaction score
My son took up playing the fiddle at 3.5 years old. He has just truned 5 and has really gotten a lot of press around here. Here is a seqment during our local news her in East Tennessee called "Cable Country".

Our son, Carson, is a true blessing from God to us and God also gave him a talent for music.....

Thought you guys might enjoy!!!!

http://www.tricitiesblogs.com/cablecountry/comments/5-year-old_fiddler/

Wow, you should be proud. My wife and I enjoyed the video. Your son is quite the character:) He already has a presence of his own.

Damn, now thats cool. I wish I had 1/10 of his musical talent! You should be very proud.

You should be proud of such a good and talented little kid.

Really cool...I wish I could play the fiddle that well...keep encouraging him and I'm sure someday we will see him on the Oprey...

Way cool. I noted that he started at 2 yrs. When my son was 2 he took an interest (of all things) in my old collage entemology book. At 2, he could name every damn bug in that book and knew the family name (latin) for most of them. By 5, he had lost all interest in bugs though....
What was fun about it was simply watching his mind expand during that time. I am sure you have similar thoughts as you have watched Carson learn and play the fiddle.
C

One thing that we have always said to our son is that God gave him that talent and it was up to him on how he chooses to use it. For instance....... He has been playing his "Jesus songs" in many local churches over the past year or so and One thing that we have been doing lately is going to nursing homes and the VA here and playing every couple of months..... The residents and patients there really enjoy it. Other than that Playing in at fiddle festivals and conventions is a great way for kids to learn it is ok to get up in front of people and play music with out being scared. We have always stressed to him that it doesn't matter if you get a ribbon or a "prize" as long as you see that you have made one person smile...... I has sunk into him pretty well......

Thanks for all the kind words......

You and your wife have a very blessed family Haney.
He put a big smile on me and I seen gods work being enjoyed by many.
He sure has his priorities straight, I like putting smiles on folks to and he will see many. Very humbling for me to see Carson this morning, Thank you for sharing the blessings Carson has received and the family enjoying music together. He has a great father and Mother that know's what is take's to be parents. Thank you for the smile Carson. :-D

-
Back