My 65 Valiant

-

dave66dart

Reaction score
Well the Valiant is finally here, tow truck dropped her off last night. did a walk around this morning with the camera. So far so good, rust damage is at bare minimum as the pics will show, one can only hope that the floor pans are as solid as the rest of her. I also have two question's for everyone the 64/65 valiant's and the 64/65 barracuda's are basically the same platform and car with the rear window and backlight's being the only or biggest differance, am i correct. The second does anyone know how to decode the casting #s on the block as i would like to know if this is the original /6 there is some writing on the valve cover reads as follows 225 x 0.30

IMG_5715.JPG

IMG_5716.JPG

IMG_5717 (Custom).JPG

IMG_5718 (Custom).JPG

IMG_5719 (Custom).JPG

IMG_5725 (Custom).JPG

IMG_5726 (Custom).JPG

IMG_5727 (Custom).JPG

LOVE your car. I'll be following your progress. A little spit and polish and she'll be lookin good. I'm not an expert but I know most of the parts interchange between Valiant and Barracuda. I believe the front valence panel is a little different.

Probably a 225 Rebuilt with .030 pistons--maybe now about a 230 cu in. What tranny? Bucket seats?----lots of potential!

Well this has got me scratching my head, it's been a week and i have the seat's and the carpeting with sound deadener all out, and look at what I find, the rear half of the floor pan is rusted out and the front is solid as a rock? Well i guess with any luck the floor should be patched up within the next week with pics of the work then.

IMG_5744 (Custom).JPG

IMG_5746 (Custom).JPG

IMG_5749 (Custom).JPG

IMG_5750 (Custom).JPG

Wow thanks for the good words guys, sorry for the delay getting back but between small shop fire, work schedule and this damn box breaking down, sometimes i swear must have been a chevy venture bloody thing. To answer your question CUDAGUY I am not sure about the rear wheels, but I will look tomorrow after work. So when looking for quarter panel patches the only people i'm finding are Layson's any one have any other suggestions greatly appreciated

Well it's almost 2 years later and I finally have enough to start the Valiant:cheers::cheers:. I will be pulling the /six this weekend, i will be rebuilding from the block up, here's what i have planned for it, a holly 350 2barrel sitting on a cast 2 barrel intake, a comp cams 264s with 440 lift and 264 duration, electronic ignition from a 73 dart /six with a pertronix ignitor coil , oversize valve's 1.70" intake and 1.44" exhaust, and an electric fan. I would like to run a dual exhaust setup and a 10.0:1 CR . witch bring's me to my to a couple of question's is any one running headers on /six in 63, 64, or 65 valiant ? the next we have seen here a few thousand times before and no doubt will see again. Yes i have tried search function as well as tried asking at slant six.org but i still get so many conflicting responses my head feel's like exploding. Here's what i know so far minimum head volume is around 54cc and i need to remove roughly 0066" to reduce the volume by 1cc and i am told i can remove 090" any more and i need to shorten push rod's notch piston's so on, and then some say i can remove up to 110. my question is with a head gasket of .020" how much i shave to acheive a 10.0:1CR okay enough. as for the rest of the Valiant i am planning on leaving the stock a904 with fresh rebuild kit. inside bucket seat's and console from a coke bottle charger with floor shift interior color scheme red and white to match a red on white paint. with pic's as i go starting this weekend.

-
Back