My 66 Dart

-
Wonderful looking car!
Great work!
Really glad that you can enjoy driving it now.

Talk about comfort. Power buckets with lumbar support. What are they out of? Were they hard to mount? tmm

They are out of a 2002 furd taurus. Had seat covers from when they were new great shape. Now my GT was a non consol car so I had to get that to work, LOTS of work on 66, no way to know where brackets go.
I had the car down to sheet metal when I fabed the seats. No fear!! welder, saws all, lots of patience, Reinforced mounting areas, utilized furd retractable seatbelts! Converted to just lap belts. Came out freakin GREAT!!. Driver side I fabed up when i was a little drunk, so i had to re do it!! love the interaction of FABO members. Back seats match!! I learned how to upholster. They are not in yet . soon

cool very nice hope mine looks that good when done

Thanks. Just take your time, you can ask me anything you want. I did all the work on this Dart except the machine work on the block. Not the assembly, I did that. Im sure you will get the look you are looking for!!:color::color: 3 years into it so far. It is all new that can be.

Really nice build. Interested to see dual exhaust photo details at trans cross member. Thank you.

great workmanship and a really cool car!!!! show us ALL the details!! I do good just to get mine back together and run and drive!! LOL

when you sleep, I bet its in COLOR!1

What strut rods did you use for the hood and deck lid? looks good

What strut rods did you use for the hood and deck lid? looks good

Deck lid I used from a ford explorer. Hood a mitsubshi montero sport. From wrecking yard. Works perfect.
I will post some better pics of the lifts. Both from the lift gate,

Wow awesome Dart Mopar Tim. I love the whole build especially the color. I would never put that color and interior color combo together, but does it ever look good.
You've done some excellent work there!

More PICS. some detail of Trans member cut out for duel exhaust and strongarm lifts for hood and trunk.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 252
  • 003.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 245
  • 004.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 259
  • 005.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 272
  • 006.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 251
  • 008.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 251
  • 009.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 241
  • 010.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 011.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 250
Thanks Tim
TTI style cut on the trans mount. That's a clean under belly. Nice!

Mopar Tim,
You've done a great job on your Dart. As I move forward on mine I would like to copy your strut lifts on both the hood and trunk lid. I have a few questions, did you get the mounts from the salvage yard as well? how did you determine the mounting points? On the front hood strut where did you mount the lower mount to, did you have to make a bracket?
I think that was a great idea and I am so glad you posted that as I would have never thought to do that, but now I plan on it with your help!
The next question on your build are the door panels. Are they something you did? If so do you have pics of how you went about it? Where did you get your material from. I like the lower carpet idea and I didnt know if that was a factory option.
Thanks Rod

Mopar Tim,
You've done a great job on your Dart. As I move forward on mine I would like to copy your strut lifts on both the hood and trunk lid. I have a few questions, did you get the mounts from the salvage yard as well? how did you determine the mounting points? On the front hood strut where did you mount the lower mount to, did you have to make a bracket?
I think that was a great idea and I am so glad you posted that as I would have never thought to do that, but now I plan on it with your help!
The next question on your build are the door panels. Are they something you did? If so do you have pics of how you went about it? Where did you get your material from. I like the lower carpet idea and I didnt know if that was a factory option.
Thanks Rod

I will start a new thread addressing these items. Thanks MT

Nice to see the thread, Mopar Tim. TCP Global, still sells the older PPG based lacquer. I do admire,you went all out, on the underside.

Thanks, Im ALMOST done! Got all bright work back, just need to find a few more "clips" MT

-
Back