my 67 Barracuda convertible on ebay

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not in the market (already have one), but I am interested in the outcome of the auction........

I'm not in the market (already have one), but I am interested in the outcome of the auction........

Keep watching... 3 days to go. I really hope she hits the reserve..
I've got a pile of parts I'll be selling once she's gone. I offered then with the car but wanted to make the auction simple anybody here on FABO interested??

market is tough right now--- plus most ebay auctions have a flurry of bidding during the final minutes-- with automatic bids.
your car looks very nice-- another problem is you are in a remote area & that adds $$ to the purchase equation wishing you the best on your sale ,Lawrence

Yea I know that but Wow I never thought a convertible in this condition wouldn't get swoped up right away.. I'm even offering trades and no takers.. Is the market that bad ... really? I don't feel over priced but I'm not getting offers either..

I do realize I'm in a remote area 2 hrs. from Boston But I can deliver it within reason...or get it to a terminal for pickup. Or to the airport in Manchester..

oh well she's fun to drive..

Just an observation. The red carpet hurts it in my opinion, but even moreso the lack of detailing for the photos.
Faded tires and upholstery.
The wrap on the steering wheel.
I know that somebody like me sees those things and sees a cheap fix (even carpet is under $200, or was the last time I bought any), but it could hurt with enough potential buyers to cut the top bid down. You also have the buyers who can't see past a 69 stripe on a 67 (personally I don't get that, but there are those folks).

The market is soft, really soft. I don't know much but if you think about it, you can buy a decent late 80's early 90s Mustang 5.0 even a convertible for less than $5,000. The parts are cheaper and performance is not bad right from the factory. Hard to beat that with our old Muscle Cars. Maybe the younger generation is smarter than we give them credit.

The only A body cars I see selling for any money, are the GTS and formula S type cars if they have the original equipment. I haven't followed many convertibles not sure how the market is on those.

Good luck with your sell, looks like your getting bids and thats better than most the cars being sold on ebay.

Thanks... A Mustang!!!!
Well a few bids but only $6850. Can't do it for that... oh well. Can't believe I didn't get trade offers or anything.

A Mustang!!! omg still can't swallow right... a mustang...

That is a pretty low ending for the auction. Can't buy even a used Hyundai for that money, much less a Miata and that car to me would be a lot more fun but as a second vehicle. You prolly shoulda cleaned up the car a bit more before putting up the pics. I don't mind the 69 stripe on the 67, mine may get the same treatment (also a white car but a fastback). And yeah, let us know what parts you have as I am just starting my project.

Good luck with the sale.

not sure what kind of shape it is in person but it doesn't show so well in the pics. i see a crinkled fender, rust on the quarters, like jim stated a few things look like quick fixes. the thing looks like it was just dragged out of storage and needs a bunch of work to me by looking at the pics.. really need to scrub the tires and get them looking black again. the white wheel well on the drivers side really bothers me for some reason. the carpet looks funky in there being red too. the close ups of the dash shows how much work the dash and steering wheel really needs too.

no your asking $9900. like i said i don't know what it looks like in person. just telling you what the pictures are showing me and my thoughts looking at the pics.

Nice car dude.... Not sure who said it but the red carpet needs to go..... MHO, 6850 is righteous money for a 273 car....

I would have to say at least detail the car out-- interior, tires, engine compartment look unkempt.
your pictures are your selling points-- use that,
take the pictures so your car looks fantastic-- different angles can change perspective a lot.

think of it if you were the buyer, what do you want to see in the pictures-- focus on the positive -- but tell the negative --
use some marketing & you'll get an offer acceptable to you, Lawrence

when you take new pictures of it make sure its in bright sunlight and the sun is coming over your back.. you don't want to take pics into the sun. the car should really pop like that.

Like I said, I've already got one. Mine's in pieces right now, but it's here and you're a LONG way from here.

Like I said, I've already got one. Mine's in pieces right now, but it's here and you're a LONG way from here.
Well you could take one of those $59. southwest flights into Manchester,nh and I'll pick you up. You can drive it home. only a 3 day drive. :joker: You need a road trip anyway. right?

I don't have $10k, either........Plus, I've already got a 340 convertible. Mine is getting a 440..........

It's more like a 5-day drive. I know a guy who did Fresno to Boston by himself in 3-1/2 days back in 1979, but there was turmoil with a girl and he didn't require much sleep......... I couldn't do that then, let alone today.

Holy, moly. That would border on $1000 worth of gas.

I'd offer my Demon, but I don't think you're looking to trade your car plus some money...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back