My '67 Barracuda Restoration Project

-

MobileCustoms

You can twist perceptions, reality won't budge
Reaction score
Hey all,
First off, wanted to say thanks again for this forum and the great wealth of info it contains! I showed a few photos of this car I just bought last week in the new members welcome section last week.

I bought this car on ebay from North Carolina, just received it on Friday afternoon and have already started cleaning it up and hunting for parts.
It will need the right front floor patch panel due to rust, apparently from a leaking heater core.
It will also need a rear roll pan under the the bumper due to some bad body work after a light rear collision . But everything is really solid underneath and the trunk floor is super solid as well.

A few things I will be looking for right away and would appreciate any pointers for good, quality sources are:

1. Right front floor patch (easy)
2. Rear roll pan
3. Heater box assembly (complete, it is all missing)
4. Center Console (plan to keep the Cheetah shifter and modify console)
5. Carpet kit
6. Headliner
7. A pair of backup lights
8. A pair of front bucket seats and tracks (I am open to non-original seats)

I want to focus on the interior first, mainly before i begin any external body work.
I had a 67 way back when and sold it in 1995:wack: and have been wanting another ever since.

Here's a video I shot right after we unloaded it from the transport truck and fired it up with open headers.
It has a very strong, balanced 340, 727 with reverse manual valve body, 8 3/4 rearend with either 4:10 or 4:56 gears. The previous owner couldn't remember which set he ended up leaving in it after swapping back and forth and it hasn't been driven since 2006.

Anyways, here's the video link and some photos of my project along with a photo of the first barracuda I had. I do most all of my own work, mechanical and body & paint aside from full rebuilds on engines or trannys.

Looking forward to making some connections here and posting more photos of my progress... I plan on holding on to this one 'til Hell freezes over!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o7tCFlsbs0&feature=share&list=UUcIxL5-K6C4iLCIJTvuGn0w"]1967 Plymouth Barracuda Burnout - Fresh off the transport truck! - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks again,
-Doug

PS....anyone wanna buy a nice '65 Fairlane??? Wanna get rid of it asap to help fund this project and free up my garage!

Attachments

• IMGP0006.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 147
  • IMGP0016.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 115
  • IMGP0019.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 131
  • IMGP0017.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMGP0014.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 109
  • IMGP0013.JPG