my 68 barracuda notch

-
I like the second one color wise. It has a fine metallic to it, looks classy. I would hold it against some of your interior pieces, just to make sure you like them together. Its amazing how much two dark greens might clash! Love the project by the way, I love notches, looks great.

Well,
finally got a chance to start on the motor build(408 Stroker).Got a good buddy that is going to help me get it done.Got the block back from the machine shop the other day.Had it dipped,decked,line bored and bored 40 over.
Yesterday we started started working on the block and girdle with a die grinder for rod clearance.Just got 2 more spots on the girdle to do and should be able to clean things up and get er painted up.Man that girdle is hard metal!!
Having this pile of pieces sitting there for a long time and am excited to see it all being put together finally!!!

Here are a few pics.Sorry about the Chevelle in the background!!haha

Attachments

• IMG_2140.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 674
  • IMG_2141.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 680
  • IMG_2143.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 679
  • IMG_2144.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 674
  • IMG_2146.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 668
Have you had those heads checked yet? If they are new untouched heads I would do a search on here. I think guys have had trouble with the valve guides being really tight. Just food for thought.

PS I absolutely love your car, the notches have really grown on me in the past few years.

I have been busy the last few weeks getting things ready for when she comes home next week with new skin.
Finished the rear end/disc brake setup.Just gotta solve an ebrake cable issue and she is ready to bolt in.
Got the motor pretty much put together.Just a few finishing touches and it will be ready to mount to the k frame.
The body and paint is coming along well.I am very pleased with the quality of the work.As you can see he does a very thorough job when restoring a body.

Here are a few pics!!

Attachments

• IMG_2390.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_2391.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_2378.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_2380.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 633
  • IMG_2388.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 644
  • IMG_2386.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_2385.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 647
  • IMG_2370.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_2393.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 643
  • IMG_2381.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 643
Gorgeous so far, can't wait to see it done! Now I've gotta head down to the garage and work on my '68.

Well I got the fish home with beautiful new skin.Hope ya all like the color choice.It really brightens up when the sun hits it.

Got started putting it together this weekend.Managed to get the fuel line and gas tank installed.Also did the front(POS repro) wheel lip mouldings.The people that make these mouldings should try to install them.Bent them to fit the best I could but they still need a bit of massaging to get them right.

Installed the tail lights and they seem to fit pretty well.

Got the rear end in place ready to bolt in tomorrow.
Sure is nice to finally be able to put her back together.

Here are a few pics!!

Attachments

• IMG_2454.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 575
  • IMG_2458.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_2460.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG_2463.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 571
  • IMG_2453.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_2452.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 590
  • IMG_2451.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG_2446.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 572
  • IMG_2445.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_2444.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 580
What a Great build!! Keep up the hard work....as you can see i pays off!!!

You are doing it right. My 67 notch didn't need and panel replacement or I may not have done it. Enjoy it!

Attachments

• P1010002.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 527
Your fish is looking awesome. The dark green looks great.

Attachments

• P4140017.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 529
Great job! Body looks great and love the color. Only thing I don't like is the orange components like the trans and 3rd member. They look good don't get me wrong. But that's the purist in me.

Absolutely beautiful! My car was orig dark green...cant remember the code. I was thinking of going the GG1 with extra flake as well. I believe that color started in 70, not sure though. Did you go with the GG1??

No I never used GG1.I thought about it but ended taking a new Ford color called W6(Green Gem) and modifying it to get this color.W6 was actually a lot darker so we added a little yellow and some larger flake to get the end result.
We ended up spraying samples of 9 different colors to come up with this one.
I really like how it came out in the end.

I have attached a few pics of my progress the last few days.

Got the rear end in,fuel tank and line to engine bay,all the ebrake and brake lines ran,rear wiring completed,marker lights and fuel filler spout and cap.

Attachments

• IMG_2473.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 525
  • IMG_2470.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 515
  • IMG_2475.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_2478.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 503
Wow man it's been a while.....the build is looking great!

Curious if you are going to stuff a wider rear wheel in there since its mini tubbed.

What rear gear ratio are you running?

Have you had the engine dyno'd yet?

Thanks for sharing the build pics.

I believe I have the widest wheel i can fit 245-60-15.May be able to squeeze in a 255 but that will be it.Never did the mini tub.Kinda wishing I did though.

The silver on the rockers will be below the rocker mouldings and gills I will be putting on soon.Just trying to find the mounting hardware.Does anyone happen to have the rubber inserts and screws for the rocker gills?

Never dynoed the motor yet but will be having it done in the next little while.Hoping for horsepower a little under 500.

Well we ran the engine on the dyno recently and it ran 440hp and 490fp at 5000 rpm without an air cleaner.Dropped about 15hp when we put the air cleaner on.Should be a nice street motor!

Also got the wiper motor and linkage installed.
Got the brake system installed also.
Fit the Champion radiator that never(as advertised)fit like it was supposed to.As you can see the mounting holes are not in the right places.Other than that it fits pretty good.Do you guys think I should paint the front of the radiator black?
Loaded er up on a trailer the other day and took it to a buddys place where he will install the K-frame and driveline.
It would have been nice to do the installation here but I don't have the clearance to lift the car high enough to do it.
Gonna be nice to have it running.

Attachments

• IMG_2576.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_2555.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_2553.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_2556.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG_2554.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_2551.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 445
Well I got time today to go and help my buddy work on the car.we have both been busy lately so not much has happened for awhile.

We had a very productive day and managed to install the heaterbox,bled the brake system(no leaks),mounted and wired the MSD and wired firewall forward.Just a few loose ends with the wiring in the morning and it will be complete.
Decided to take the radiator out and paint the front of it black so it looks proper behind the grilles.

Set the motor on the k-frame for the first time as well to check oilpan to k-frame clearance.Only got 1/8 of an inch clearance on the passenger side so a little trim job will be necessary.

a few pics from today

Attachments

• IMG_2749.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_2748.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_2746.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 418
well as you can see my buddy and I have been busy the last week or so.Got the drivetrain in now but not without a few issues with header clearance around the steering box.Ended up having to shim the steering box outwards a little and ended up with lots of room.
Spent last evening doing the detail work on the console and reassembling it.It is not perfect but good enough.I may have the ashtray door rechromed i think.
We plan to install the driveshaft and exhaust on monday and hopefully fire it up.
Sure is going to be nice to hear it rumble.

It has been a real pleasure assembling the car with Dean as he was a Chrysler mechanic for 40yrs and has a collection of parts that is amazing.It is nice to have access to the little things that you need as you are putting it together.

Attachments

• IMG_2819.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_2811.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_2808.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_2805.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_2797.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_2795.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_2766.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 394
Well,
we got the exhaust system installed and it fit very well just like it should.Gotta love the TTI systems.
Finished all the last minute wiring under the hood and installed the steering column.
And best of all we fired it up.She runs very good and all the electrical works from one end to the other.
I spent a couple evenings painting the hood inserts and had to do them 2 times before I was satisfied with how they looked but in the end they came out pretty good.
Had the headliner put in yesterday.The guy that installed it made it look easy.2hrs and he was done.
Gonna get the glass put in next week.
Should have the grilles and tail panel pieces back from resto in the next few weeks.I am just itching to drive it but I will restrain myself till it is done.
Running out of cash so the final touches could take a while.

Attachments

• IMG_3054.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_3046.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_3056.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_3047.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_3055.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 358
-