My 71 340 Duster resto

-

71Demon

Reaction score
Finally able to post a few pics. More to come later.

Motor resized 014.JPG

That interior is looking real good. What kind of shifter ball is that?

Here's the moon guages to match the shifter. Trying for an old school hotrod look.

Moon guages resized.JPG

Looking great......I bought a '71 340 Duster new....bench seat, fold down
center armrest and an auto.

Don't forget to put the bolts in to hold the valve covers on before
you fire it up.

Looking great......I bought a '71 340 Duster new....bench seat, fold down
center armrest and an auto.

Don't forget to put the bolts in to hold the valve covers on before
you fire it up.

I'll make a note not to forget the bolts....LOL. It's fired up now and man it sounds like a beast. Should be just over 500hp. Lots of internal work done on it.

Here's a shot with the new qtr installed. Had some bondo in the quarter so it had to go.

Duster Qtr resized.JPG

Coming along on the body. Should be ready for some color next week. Yeeha......

Duster body resize 9-12 001.jpg

Looks like you had a very solid car to start with. You body work looks excellent. The secret to a great paint job, is the amount of time spent on prepping the body. I know I could have done better on my car. Keep up the good work.

I don't know Duster 440. The AMD quarters I got were terrible as far as fit. Check out my post on AMD quarters. I have some pics of some of the problem areas. Had to cut a front to back slice out of the panel where it rolls under the car to make it tuck into place. Had to make a pie cut and extend the panel to make it fit the door jamb and lastly the b pillar body line was way off too. A bunch of metal work for a very expensive panel I thought.

More pics. Here's my helper of over 35 yrs. That's my ugly motor before the redo.

Duster Under Hood resize 017.jpg

Duster resize under dash resto 006.jpg

That's looking great 71Demon! I will have to do the quarters in my 71 Duster some day too but this week put metal in the lowers where pinholes were starting so I can get it finished and burn some rubber!! Looks like you're doing a first rate job and it'll be a car you can really be proud of. Keep up the good work! Where did you get the rallye dash bezel restored? Kev

-
Back