My 72 demon 340

-

340_DEMON_RON

Reaction score
Well I finally pulled it out of the shop to send some pics to a resto shop figured I would share them with you all
I backed into it in high school could not see it :pale: I got a replacement door but still need a driver side fender and some rust free rockers guy that was doing the body work cut the stock one out before we realized that they do not make weld in replacements
I am thanking about going back with a factory color but not the color it was input welcome 8)
demon008.jpg

demon005.jpg

demon004.jpg

Those rockers should be fairly easy to make. In the future, have parts in hand before cutting!!8)

Those rockers should be fairly easy to make. In the future, have parts in hand before cutting!!8)

We had the new rockers they came with it when I got the car so I didn't know that they only made weld over rockers
We realized that when we went to weld the new one in and it was not lining up right

What do you all thank that doing the body work and painting it would ruffly run

I've got a fairly decent 71 drivers side front fender. It does have some rust but it's mainly on the support on the back side of the dogleg. The face of it looks decent. $125 if your interested. I'm in Northern, IL.

As far as cost for doing the bodywork, that can vary from $2500 to $20k depending on what it needs and who does it/quality. Good luck with it, I love the Demons!

We had the new rockers they came with it when I got the car so I didn't know that they only made weld over rockers
We realized that when we went to weld the new one in and it was not lining up right

First, I'm not a professional body and paint guy. It would be nearly impossible to assess the cost of all that work without actually climbing all over the car personally. This will depend on how much work you do yourself and where you source your parts. I did the bulk of the sheet metal fabrication and body work on my Cuda for about the cost of the weld wire and body filler. I made my own panels from steel I had on hand and did not have to pay a pro shop to do the work. You will save a lot of money doing your own work and if you do your homework and learn how to fabricate, weld and smooth out the panels, the results will be respectable and the sense of accomplishment will be most gratifying. Most body repair and basic metal repair is not as tough as you might think. Like I stated before, I'm no pro, but my work is good and improves with every experience. If I can do it, you can do it.

We had to make pieces from the unrusted sections of 3 Dusters for the drivers side rocker. Was Alot of welding and grinding but he took his time and it had only a skim coat of finish filler. It's time consuming!!!

hey, i got a demon that could be your car's twin! it looks like your car was originally the same GY4 gold as mine. mine is in the resto process also, but it looks like we are both going down the same road with twinkie cars. lol.

100_2019.jpg

100_1931.jpg

i agree with 4 spd cuda66. i took autobody in school, and it was just to fix my own cars. there s not much worse than handing over a couple paychecks to someone who just butchered your car. happens everyday.
as far as the original color......i ll comment! i don t like mine either. i don t plan on painting mine that yellowish color either. so, i ll back you up on that! good luck

-
Back