My Barn Find!

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Ok, not a barn find but I reclaimed my car today, finally got it back on the road, been in storage for almost 2 years in my friends shed. 1973 Plymouth Fury Custom Suburban, 400 4bbl engine, and third row seating! Car has 225,000 miles and no rust. I bought it on ebay about 2 1/2 years ago for $1,100, flew out to Seattle WA with my dad to pick it up and drove it all the way home to MN with no issues at all. Engine has been rebuilt twice, trans, suspension also gone through, I got a huge stack of recipts with this car for the work that was done, thought it was a great deal. I really like wagons, always wanted one, especially an ugly one! My plans are to lower the rear with blocks about 2 or 3 inches, install hipo exhaust manifolds and performer intake that I have, also dual exhaust to help the engine breathe. I have boxes and boxes of NOS parts for the car so if I restore it someday I will have nice stuff like mint tailights and chrome trim. The car still has the original paint except for 1 front fender. I think it is cool, the wife thinks I am crazy! :tongue10: Gave it a quick wash, then it was time to head to the store!! :drinkers::drinkers::drinkers:

Picture 1309.jpg

Picture 1311.jpg

Picture 1325.jpg

Picture 1324.jpg

Picture 1328.jpg

I love it. Totally AWESOME!!!!!! I'm looking at a Dodge Polara wagon that looks real similar to that right now. Same color too. I'll keep ya posted if I get it.

I think it's cool and I like it! I had a IIRC a '74 or '75 Plymouth Fury Custom Wagon many, many years ago. I ran into a tree with that thing and barely dented a bumper.

BTW, I like the giant "old man" bumper savers on the back. :cheers:

Kept that sweet big block a secret =P~ I think they are the cats meyow driver and sleeper at the track or on camping trip in style 8)
Congrat's on getting it home and that is a great looking wagon .=P~:cheers:

wow you weren't kidding.. that is super ugly haha! looks like fun though. you'll have to take it to the next minnesota car show. maybe one of these days i'll end up going to one.

sweet! love the hood in front, thats some unique style. it would look really killer with some Astro Supremes and thin whitewalls.
-Tim

So how many 24-can 'suitcases' fit in the back with all the seats folded down?
Nice 'longroof'.

that looks very nice! looks like it won't require much at all.....fun fun. far too many wagons and nicer c bodys have been lost or crushed. it is nice to see another on the road again.

that is really cool! i would rather have that than a mini van any day!

cool! its a good thing we like the cars most other people arnt interisted in. that way we get good deals. glad to see you have your wagon on the road again. maybe mine will be soon too.

i saw a replica of the griswold family wagon from national lampoons vacation in a mag the other day, guy was drivin it in a road show said it took him 3 years to build it's perfect copy if i had one i'd drive it everywhere!!!

Cool wagon!
So out with it, how much beer does it hold with the seats down?
I'll bet at least a pallet's worth.
Nice pic of the beer store btw.
That's us Canadians, always thinking about beer! :toothy10:
Tom.

Oh that car brings back memories my wife then girlfriends parents had the exact same car. The things we did in that car cannot be mentioned but what fun! :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

-
Back