My Best friend's Mark's 67 Barracuda

-

Speedy Pedi

Reaction score
I joined FABO after the passing of my friend Mark passed on more than 2 years ago and his family wanted me, to take the 1967 Barracuda. I have owned Mopars almost my entire life. I didn't know as much as I thought, as my previous experience was with B bodies. Over the last the last 2 years I've learned so much thanks to FABO members. The 1967 Barracuda is dedicated to my friend Mark. This is a father son project. My son has Asperger's syndrome which is a form Autism. Mark who was incredibly kind to my son, as father would be to his own son and I can't put into words how much that meant to me. I wasn't ready to talk about all of this, till now, and this is how our 1967 Barracuda story began.

260423875_446242310411105_1651411086752488898_n(1).jpg

451833023_1157127732221242_237939673167034545_n (1).jpg

453048069_8747745991907091_1248758077676067086_n.jpg

We're very excited here grinning ear to ear! I never took it for granted, I know many gifted mechanics that did everything right and one defective part and the engine's just a pile of junk. So I've been very lucky, I've never lost an engine. I don't know if you noticed in the video when it started up, it startled me! LOL, that was the very first start and it just surprised me it right off like that usually isn't that going that easy. And that meant a lot to me because I've seen so many people that they have their engine light right off like that it's it had never happened to me like that there was always something that was out of adjustment but she was just right on the money. Can't wait to drive it probably be a couple of weeks before we have everything back in the car the seats the steering wheel the brakes reconnected so we have a few things to do. Here's to you my buddy, my friend, Mark, we sure do miss you a lot, here's hoping your smiling a grin ear to ear as we're doing down here!

video link

453660574_1787880628282419_299770874705257851_n.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Looking forward to seeing progress on the car............................ and best of all, every time you drive it he will be in the passenger seat with you.:thumbsup:

nice one with the startup. the first thing i noticed in the video was the open gas can and the cigarette in your mouth :poke: :lol:
i've had gas cans catch fire at least once on me, you have to keep calm and cover the open can with your hand to put it out, lol.
neil.

Looking forward to your progress. Your friend will be along for the ride in spirit.

I see no radiator. Was it running on methanol?

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Looking forward to seeing progress on the car............................ and best of all, every time you drive it he will be in the passenger seat with you.:thumbsup:
Thanks Scott, Especially coming from you, it means a lot to me. much respect, the project means so very much to me and my son.

nice one with the startup. the first thing i noticed in the video was the open gas can and the cigarette in your mouth :poke: :lol:
i've had gas cans catch fire at least once on me, you have to keep calm and cover the open can with your hand to put it out, lol.
neil.
I'll keep that in mind, next cigarette I light one. LOL! KABOOM!:thankyou:

I joined FABO after the passing of my friend Mark passed on more than 2 years ago and his family wanted me, to take the 1967 Barracuda. I have owned Mopars almost my entire life. I didn't know as much as I thought, as my previous experience was with B bodies. Over the last the last 2 years I've learned so much thanks to FABO members. The 1967 Barracuda is dedicated to my friend Mark. This is a father son project. My son has Asperger's syndrome which is a form Autism. Mark who was incredibly kind to my son, as father would be to his own son and I can't put into words how much that meant to me. I wasn't ready to talk about all of this, till now, and this is how our 1967 Barracuda story began.

View attachment 1716283383

View attachment 1716283386

View attachment 1716283388
that's a touching story. My buddy Mark Kohl died early in life and left behind a beautiful 67 NOTCH. I was away when he passed and to this day we can still not find the car. I also dated a nice gal who had a son with Aspergers...wow was that kid smart at certain things. I dated her for a couple of years and learned more about dinosaurs from her son than I did in all the years of formal education. Good luck with the car...and great story thanks!

Nide job! That sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing the story behind it as well. :thumbsup:
Thank you much credit has to go to my son, who has immense tenacity to get the job done. His determination and focus is really old school work ethic, 6 days go we got held up couldn't paint the engine bay till the temperatures had reached 82 degrees and in a tyvek paint suit that's tough, I said well I guess the engine bay paint will have to wait till 3-4 days from now because of schedules, he said dad we're not gonna wait, I'll get it done. When He finished painting, he was hot and pink faced.

452736716_1006177124311281_1364823770732962070_n (2).jpg

Last edited:
that's a touching story. My buddy Mark Kohl died early in life and left behind a beautiful 67 NOTCH. I was away when he passed and to this day we can still not find the car. I also dated a nice gal who had a son with Aspergers...wow was that kid smart at certain things. I dated her for a couple of years and learned more about dinosaurs from her son than I did in all the years of formal education. Good luck with the car...and great story thanks!
Thank you, Mark Glucowski, was such a good guy never forgot my sons birthday, christmas, and always giving my son all time in world to listen to what he had to say. So he meant a lot to me, as father. Mark passed at age 58, just too soon.

442081350_475448165076929_1440813246757589089_n.jpg

Last edited:
Keep us posted on the progress! Sorry for the loss of your friend, but also proves there are some really kind people in this world.
Be careful of those paint fumes!!

Keep us posted on the progress! Sorry for the loss of your friend, but also proves there are some really kind people in this world.

Thanks you, barbee6043, I just was getting ready to post and I saw your message, much appreciated, was talking to Mark's son Jake and he was super happy to hear the engine light off and is very excited. I had about a year ago broached Jake about when the cars are closer to mobile again we would be heading down to the drag strip. We're very close these days as now I've adopted Jake Mark's son, figuratively not literally we are very close. Here's today's progress we had welded in the new floor and just needed to get a final paint. Made sure I wore mask when I painted!

FB_IMG_1722622694409.jpg

Most of my time today was sorting out the high pressure power steering line trying to locate the a fitting for the 71 dart hose to mate to the steering box as it has the correct fittings for the Magnum style power steering pump end but a larger AN6 for the steering box side, if anyone runs into same problem Rockauto sells the correct fitting a LARES 176, which is straight whereas mine was too small and a 90 degree fitting. More Information for LARES 176

176-a.jpg

Thanks you, barbee6043, I just was getting ready to post and I saw your message, much appreciated, was talking to Mark's son Jake and he was super happy to hear the engine light off and is very excited. I had about a year ago broached Jake about when the cars are closer to mobile again we would be heading down to the drag strip. We're very close these days as now I've adopted Jake Mark's son, figuratively not literally we are very close. Here's today's progress we had welded in the new floor and just needed to get a final paint. Made sure I wore mask when I painted!

View attachment 1716284131
Good to see you are no doubt, helping Mark with his challenged life. I feel that sometimes God Almighty gives someone a way to offer kindness and be repaid back 100 fold.

What a great project for you and your son, though I'm sorry about your loss.

On a side note, that video was great but be careful smoking around those open gas cans. I'd hate to see that thing go up in flames.

Can't wait to see this Mopar on the road.

1722635205117.png

Good to see you are no doubt, helping Mark with his challenged life. I feel that sometimes God Almighty gives someone a way to offer kindness and be repaid back
I very much agree with your sentiments, I lost my friend and gained another son Jake. I am bewildered what I ever did to deserve so many blessings. I have been humbled!

What a great project for you and your son, though I'm sorry about your loss.

On a side note, that video was great but be careful smoking around those open gas cans. I'd hate to see that thing go up in flames.

Can't wait to see this Mopar on the road.

View attachment 1716284249
I'll refrain from taking those hazardous practices going forward. We're working today on cooling system, had to Order a lower rad hose no one local can help. so next week I should have power steering fitting, and lower rad hose.

-
Back