My break in **UPDATE**

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
Well we finally got home Monday to see how bad the house was. Wasn't very pretty but it wasn't as bad as I had pictured a thousand times in my head. I replaced the door yesterday and we will have a security company come out in a day or so to install an alarm. I really hate having to pay every month to keep other people honest, total bullsnot if you ask me. Between the damages and the stolen items it's going to be about 8 grand in all. I just want to thank everybody that has helped us during this time. I have hoped that we would never have someone come into our home without permission but I guess it was inevitable where we are since every other neighbor has been hit now. The biggest thing was my wifes small little hand carved jewelry box that I bought in Kuwait when I was there last September, it had some keepsakes that I gave her that can never be replaced. To anybody else they are worthless to us they were worth everything. If I catch them before the police do it is on, even the officer that came and did our supplemental report said make sure they aren't running away when I shoot. I have to shoot them in the chest not back. Will do officer. Then when I am done with them I will go smack their momma around for raising such a piece of $hit. End rant and thank you to everybody that sent out good thoughts and prayers as well as monetary donations to cover the deductible. I am in debted to FABO for sure.

Glad to hear it's not as bad as you thought, but still bummed that it happened at all. Glad I could help and as far as feeling indebted, don't worry about it. I was very happy to help.

You indebted to us? After your service to all of us and this great country?
Just my opinion, but we can't ever repay our debt to you and all of your brothers and sisters in service. Again, THANK YOU for all you have done for us.

Hey Dusted72,
Sorry to hear about your break in.
My wife and I decided we wanted an alarm system when we bought our home, our master bedroom is in the end of the house away from the driveway and anyone coming up the stairs in our house would get to my sons room first, this was very unerving to me.
We chose a setup from ADT, it is a basic system, one motion sensor, and 3 door alarms with a keypad and back up battery, we bought a few other sensors for other doors we wanted covered and upgraded to the shock door sensors rather than the magnet type, so the alarm will sound if the door is roughed around BEFORE it is opened.
Really, I was after that piece of mind that I would be alerted fast if someone was in my home while we were all there. So, the deal is they came an installed all this stuff for a small fee and we subscribed to their monitoring service, (they call the house and cops if the alarm goes off) for 3 years @ $35 dollars a month if you choose to cancel the service after that you still keep all the installed equipment.
This seemed like a perfect deal for us, and I just wanted to share our experience.

On another note, I am a newly, very proud, naturalized US citizen as of this past march (german/dutch parents) and would like to say a big THANK YOU for your service!

You indebted to us? After your service to all of us and this great country?
Just my opinion, but we can't ever repay our debt to you and all of your brothers and sisters in service. Again, THANK YOU for all you have done for us.

I agree 100%!!!!!!

I wish I could have sent more. I agree with everyone else we can never repay you or the other soldiers for your service to protect our way of life. Damn shame there are dirt bags that think its ok to take things that aren't theirs. Give his mom an extra slap for me.

-
Back