My buddy’s car doing its thing at Norwalk.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Bowman Performance running some nice low 5.80’s and getting it up.

D8235EC3-2555-4278-87F3-55FF6133587A.jpeg

Cubes? looks like an Indy decal on the scoop, Indy headed?

Cubes? looks like an Indy decal on the scoop, Indy headed?

I’ve been told the engine details but it’s in that corner of my brain that sits dormant. I know its Indy headed as Tim is an Indy dealer. Hopefully @71Demon528 chimes in after Norwalk and he knows every detail of Tim’s build. Tim does a lot of builds from all over the east coast. Tim is Starting a new build that he may lean on a little harder. He’s my age and can’t quit either. Lol. Actually he’s months older than me.

Ohhh it’s all Mopar too from the Dana 60 to the 727 transmission. He did finally upgrade from the push button shifter to a floor mount shifter shifted manually. True footbrake racer too. Single carb and now on Caltracks after running on super stock springs for over 40 years.

Does one of the Bowman bros still have that kick *** green 1970 Coronet? I watched that white Fury and the Coronet back in the 90's at Keystone Raceway. They've been at it for long time. :thumbsup:

Does one of the Bowman bros still have that kick *** green 1970 Coronet? I watched that white Fury and the Coronet back in the 90's at Keystone Raceway. They've been at it for long time. :thumbsup:

No he shocked the heck out of me and quit racing and sold it probably 5 years ago. Bruce like all of the Bowman’s was tough to beat. Keith sold his duster years ago but worked at the track several years providing some great consistent traction.

You guy's really should try to keep the nose on the ground. lol

Ohhh it’s all Mopar too from the Dana 60 to the 727 transmission. He did finally upgrade from the push button shifter to a floor mount shifter shifted manually. True footbrake racer too. Single carb and now on Caltracks after running on super stock springs for over 40 years.
Damn!!

It’s a 540” Wedge 4.3750 bore x 4.500 stroke. 440-1 heads, Indy intake, bob book dominator, jesel 1.7 rockers, jesel belt drive, Callie’s crank, MGP aluminum rods, diamond pistons, 14.5:1. His new engine is going to be a 572 wedge.

We pay very close attention to shock adjustment with this car. If we set it up to not do wheelies, it will compromise traction, especially when track gets hott, and conditions go away. When it’s real high for too long, we dial it back. But most importantly, it’s a bracket car. so if the car consistently leaves the same every time, although some would disagree with the wheelstand, then he drives better, and the car works better.

The car has wheelie bars, they’re a flat blade bottom bar with springs to soften the hit. With his caltrac setup, when he floors the gas on the line, the wheelie bars are on the ground before the front tires are off the ground because of how much rotation the car has. If we put too stiff a bar on there, he will unload the back tires.

-
Back