My Car Themed Beer KEEZER!

-

clinteg

Reaction score
Took a left over freezer I had from a new replacement and decided I'd like to build a beer Keezer out of it (kegerator freezer). I added the collar to the top of the freezer and attached the lid to the collar. Added a piece of thin particle type board to the lid and face of the freezer and painted them with chalkboard paint. I then added planks to surround the freezer and lid and that was the base of the keezer. Due to how my lid overhangs the face, I couldn't put the taps right on the face where I wanted them because it would interfere. So I added some 340 valve covers and used those as my mounting point. I haven't added all the parts and things I want to it yet but it's functional now at least. One tap handle is an aluminum connecting rod and the other is a cam from a motorcycle. I have room to have 6 kegs and 6 taps total. I'm already thinking of Hot Rod themed beer names too that I will brew. You know, names like Hopped Up Hemi IPA, etc. Should be fun once I get brewing again.

That is total badassary. I am impressed. Now shut up and pass me one. lol

Love it! Those adjustable Perlicks are worth it too. I keep one in the garage. Not near as nice as your's though!
67A3D92E-15F9-442A-96B6-3C0362B2A8A8_zpsvcwqeo6i.jpg

Love it! Those adjustable Perlicks are worth it too. I keep one in the garage. Not near as nice as your's though!
67A3D92E-15F9-442A-96B6-3C0362B2A8A8_zpsvcwqeo6i.jpg

Now that is a handy setup! Right there in the shop.

These are my first two adjustable Perlicks. The other two in the bar are the regular style and it's tough filling bottles. I'm hoping these are as good as people say they are so I can easily adjust for that.

Are the adjusters the knobs on the side of the faucets? I'd never seen those before. How do they work? I've just got the regular non-adjustable type on mine.

Are the adjusters the knobs on the side of the faucets? I'd never seen those before. How do they work? I've just got the regular non-adjustable type on mine.

It's essentially a second valve that will control foaming. The ones I bought are 650 SS models. Here's a video that shows how they work

I've had a 650ss for about a year. Lets you really dial in the pours. Less waste when tapping new kegs too. You'll love them.
These are my first two adjustable Perlicks. The other two in the bar are the regular style and it's tough filling bottles. I'm hoping these are as good as people say they are so I can easily adjust for that.

-
Back