My Dart Gets it's Wings Back

-
Nice,simple.Beautiful work,well thought decisions.Such a sweet ride.

Thank you!
Ive been driving it to work everyday since my recent update. Car is behaving very well. Seems to get a lot of looks. It rides very smooth and drives so well. Going to change the oil tomorrow and adjust the brake shoes. Pedal feels a bit wierd, a mix of spongy and excess travel.

I took it through a car was today and the kid who took my money proclaimed, "what the @#%& kind of car is that? A Falcon? I was like....not exactly. I had a laugh at that.

Im actually surprised he even knew what a Falcon was. Apparently he doesnt know what one looks like though as i cant see any resemblance to any of the Falcons models

Lately, I've managed to wire in a 120a alternator and a SS regulator, and OMG dis that make all the difference in the world. Found a new alternator for $45 on rock auto which is a steal to say the least. Voltage is rock solid at 14-14.3, whether there is nothing on, or everything in the car turned on and running.

Still on my immediate to do list is the Hella 9003 headlight conversion, as well as installing relays. The light output with the new alternator is so much better, I am looking forward to seeing them on the relays.

I just bought a '68 Ford Falcon, which Ive been spending alot of time working on to get it back to running condition. I'll probably post a few pictures of it as well. See what you guys think :)

Nice clean car.
What is the Hella conversion?
I have their driving lights on my 4x4's.
Are they a replacement light for sealed beams?

Yes they are. They look just like your current glass headlight but they take the 9003/H4 replaceable bulb, which is a good bit brighter. From what Ive been reading, they have the best light output and dont look different from stock. I see the ebay versions that are cheaper but I dont like the look of them.

ive heard the same about the hellas, the non D.O.T. approved ones are even better, napa can get them at a decent price. i went with vision-x units because a local retailer was having a clearance sale, i run phillips x-treme power bulbs currently, ive ran sylvania silverstars as well. love em both, and the light isnt that much different than the hellas, they just dont shine quite as wide as the hellas do, but nonetheless, im a huge fan.

looks great ,im after an early dart when im over to visit relatives in october and then ship it back to join my valiant ,i hope i can find one as good as yours looks

Do you have pics of the headlights? I'd like to see them if you do. Pweety pweese!

Great car! Looks really good with the new wheels & tires.
If you do change your steering wheel I bet that someone would love to get your original one ( no not me).

Here's a more current pic from today. I just installed a holley 2300 carburetor and it runs better than I've ever seen it. I'm really digging it.

This looks to be the hella lights. From the front you can't even see the difference from stock.

Bitching Dart brotha! Im taking the 273 out of mine and throwing in a 318 ive been building. Should have the swap done on tuesday. Pretty cool to say that im 18 and have a classic dart! Keep us updated!

Very nice 66 Gt. Ive always really wanted one like that. Hold on to it!

-
Back