My day with a headliner.

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I had the new headliner installed yesterday. That is one job I am glad I hired somebody to do. This guy worked his *** off for 7 hours. He did a good job and I am happy. I have never seen a guy work that hard for that long before. The sweat was rolling off of his head. If I had tried to do it I know I would not be done yet and I probably would have ruined the headliner. My advice to anyone even thinking of putting a headliner in by themselves is, HIRE A PRO!!!

By the way, it was a 6 bow headliner.

Jack

Sometimes it just simply pays to hire someone to do something. I have no problem spending the green backs for good work.

i did mine with the car sitting in the sun(no garage at the time) hotter than hell!! took me 2 days as this was my first (and last time)my fingers hurt for 3 days. definately gonna pay someone next time

Jack, I agree with you 100%. I did mine and it was a royal pain in the a@#, plus I am not happy with the results. Everyone told me not to woryy about a few wrinkles they would come out after a few days in the sun. NOT

Thanks for posting. I usually at least "try" to do everything myself. After reading this I think I will pass on the headliner.

What did he charge you?

Wow! I passed on having the local convertable top shop do it when they wanted $100US.

i saw an article about doing them yourself, and decided to hire it.

I did my own headliner and it turned out great. I don't remember it being a real big deal.
Rod

Sounds like this is going to be about as much fun as scraping off the vinyl top glue.......................Oh Goody.:angry3:

-
Back