my engine builder did what?

-

mismy69swinger

Reaction score
anybody every heard of drilling out where the pushrods are in the heads?? he said they wouldn't work. I have eddy heads and hughes roller rockers with roller lifters crane cam. I hope he know what he is doing

he probably had to enlarge the tunnel to keep the pushrod from rubbing on the heads....

tell him thanks...

Years ago when I assembled a .030 440, I had a few rocker arms out of order with the Edelbrock heads. I should have noticed I had them in wrong, but it was clearer when I saw that the pushrods rubbed the holes. With everything assembled correctly, everything cleared fine.

It's normal. I have that done on all my Edelbrock head engines.

Sounds like he knows what he's doing. If you don't mind me asking, who is doing the build? I'm just curious since I'm also from the Dallas area.

anybody every heard of drilling out where the pushrods are in the heads?? he said they wouldn't work. I have eddy heads and hughes roller rockers with roller lifters crane cam. I hope he know what he is doing

Yes I agree, thank him. Alot of engine builders would of just thrown it together and called it a day. Unfortunately when doing a highly modified engine build there are always surprises and snags. He caught a very common issue when using aftermarket heads and a modified valve train.

I would go down just to check in and bring him his favorite cup of coffee! little things like a cup of coffee goes a long way with people in this business.

The heads are junk. Send them to me for safe disposal, so they don't end up on eBay or Craigslist.

Sounds like he knows what he's doing. If you don't mind me asking, who is doing the build? I'm just curious since I'm also from the Dallas area.

Metroplex machine shop guys name is rick seems to be a real picky guy I like that dose about all the himself stays busy

Yes I agree, thank him. Alot of engine builders would of just thrown it together and called it a day. Unfortunately when doing a highly modified engine build there are always surprises and snags. He caught a very common issue when using aftermarket heads and a modified valve train.

I would go down just to check in and bring him his favorite cup of coffee! little things like a cup of coffee goes a long way with people in this business.
I got him a bottle of crown royal reserve for christmas

Yep, I'd say he knows what he is doing. Whoever put my motor together before I got it didn't care or couldn't see what was going on and the push rods were actually hitting the heads and knurling the metal up. The guy I have building it now is going to clearance them. I'm probably lucky nothing happened from that situation.

I had to go through it will my roller cam setup. No big deal.

-
Back