My first minor build pics

-

72moparswinger

Reaction score
Here are some pics of my first minor build.

I did paint it Ford blue but, it just pops though

Did a very basic cam, barely bigger than stock since I am goin to drive it 3 to 4 days a week, I did not do the springs since they only got a couple k miles on them and was told by 3 references of local builders that I did not need to change my springs
Hardened push rods, melling hardened oil pump shaft and MHV oil pump, comp cam double roller, RPM air gap intake with a 60's double pumper 650 CFM carb

2eczxar.jpg

dw6o3l.jpg

2wo91s7.jpg

10ibg2c.jpg

2vxm8up.jpg

29xdf9z.jpg

I have not installed them yet but they are gorgeous
34q64qg.jpg

Thanks all, I'm curious to what it will be putting out, I do have a engine dyno at work that i can hook it up to, with that kind of set up some of you may be able to rough ball park a number, prolly stock compression

Here is a update on the car. I got the motor in the car with headers (roll eyes) my god was that a B****! car recently came back from exhaust shop after I got a bum set from hooker. my shop managed to fix the improper bends they came with and I notified hooker about it and they felt bad at least but I said they need to know where my headers were hitting so they can improve their bends. The shop at least didn't have to lift the motor back out to get the driver header out, they lifted the motor to one side and it fell right out the bottom. I would have done this myself but I'm very limited on space at my house height wise. I figured out the converter problem too and I am running a stock flex plate off my old 318. All I got left is hook up throttle linkage which is being a pain even with my shop manual diagram I have to help me put it back together. I got to prime the oil system and cut spark plug wires to length (moroso's ultra 40's) and get pretty much the front of the motor buttoned up. so its almost there. Been a long wild ride.
Would I do it again? hell yeah! maybe even a e85 build on the same motor in a few years
I'll get pics up today

Thanks all, shes so close to start up, I have to get my friend over with his oil priming kit to spin the oil pump and then hook up fuel and water and bam ill have a runner!!

350 LB FT easy. You will fry hell outta some rubber. GREAT camshaft choice! Looks real nice.

Thanks all, shes so close to start up, I have to get my friend over with his oil priming kit to spin the oil pump and then hook up fuel and water and bam ill have a runner!!
Looks great . What does the oil priming kit consist of ? Iit just a rod that looks like a dist shaft you stick in the dist hole and spin with a drill ?

Looks great . What does the oil priming kit consist of ? Iit just a rod that looks like a dist shaft you stick in the dist hole and spin with a drill ?

Pretty much, he has a bunch of different sized distributor like hex head shafts to a cordless drill
I think you can buy a kit from mopar now, now that i think of it from summit racing

Pic from under the car of the set up, pardon the drips as tranny lines are loose right now. I also have a cover fabbed up for the TC. my new weight on the front of the TC hits the cover but clears everything else

xdefrs.jpg

Here is the the most recent update! SHES ALIVE!!!!!!! runs perfectly smooth. Did all the procedures to the T when preparring to fire. Cam break in went perfect for 20 min. she's a happy motor.
she sounds nasty for a RV cam. 8.75 rear in next

Congratulations, on final success. That 340 based cam,works really well.

-
Back