My first Mopar. 67 Barracuda

-
I like the console, shifter, buckets, innerfenders, hood, doors and hinges, all the trim, front grill just for starters.

temporary gas tank to get it moved around the yard8)

Jan26_0002.jpg

Your doing a great job Eric!The only way to learn is to do it yourself,hands on.This way you,ll know what fits,what doesn,t.It,s the only way I,ve found out,is to do it myself and I,m sure your young boy is helping daddy along the way!8):cheers:

Your doing a great job Eric!The only way to learn is to do it yourself,hands on.This way you,ll know what fits,what doesn,t.It,s the only way I,ve found out,is to do it myself and I,m sure your young boy is helping daddy along the way!8):cheers:

Thanks Scott. I really enjoy working on these cars and making memories for my son. FABO has been one of the best tools I've found for working on my car.

I dropped the tank and cut out the trunk. I think I have enough to use on my car. This thing is real rusty.

Feb10_0001.jpg

Feb10_0002.jpg

I'm sick of the headers for now, so I got the first coat of paint on the gas tank. My progress doesn't look like much compared to some of the other awsome restorations going on, but I'm happy with it.:cheers:

Dude , Some of us could post picks of projects that haven't been touched in years.
Keep up the good work
Ignore the jelousy green. :)

Got a good start on tearing the car apart today. Today I removed , in no order

1)windsheild trim and windsheild
2)dash
3)radio
4)under dash wireing harness
5)drivers door and hinges
6)drivers bucket seat
7)center console
8)drivers fender
9)front grill and shell
10)and the brake pedel

I would have gotten more done today, but I labeled and bagged all of the bolts.

I also rebuilt the 750 Holley I got on a trade. One or two more days like this and I'll be done with the parts car and can get mine back in the garage.

Feb22_0001.jpg

Feb22_0002.jpg

Feb22_0003.jpg

Feb22_0004.jpg

Feb22_0005.jpg

Feb22_0006.jpg

Feb22_0007.jpg

Feb22_0008.jpg

Feb22_0009.jpg

I think I got everything else worth having out of the car today. Again, in no order

1)drivers door and fender
2)all the wireing, which is in great shape
3)heater
4)windshield wipers and transmission
5)all exterior chrome around the windows
6)head liner bows
7)passenger seat
8)seat belts
9)trunk lid
10)auto shifer

I can't think of anything else worth saving on this rust bucket. I don't see a need to pull the /6, auto or the 7 1/4 rear.

Feb23_0002.jpg

Feb23_0003.jpg

Feb23_0004.jpg

Feb23_0005.jpg

You will want the brackets for the console, possibly the wheel moldings, save the small bolt pattern wheels and sell if you don't want them, bumpers and brackets, and back glass. Forgot to mention that the center link is a hard part to find if you need it.

Also, if the car has disc brakes and/or sway bar, you will want the bar, the lower control arms (with the tabs), and the disc brake spindles, calipers, etc.

thanks for the suggestions. i shall remove all of those tomarrow. the car has 9" drums on the front, but i think i'll remove the 5x4 hubs

I'm glad you mentioned drums/hubs... If the original drums are decent (front and rear), you may find someone that could use them.

I'm glad you mentioned drums/hubs... If the original drums are decent (front and rear), you may find someone that could use them.

I took your advice and took everythin else off the car. Not bad for 2 1/2 days of work.

I droped the engine and tranny with it attached to the K member. I had to cut the upper control arms, they just wouldn't come out
Feb24_0002.jpg

The T bars also wouldn't move, or cut, so I cut out the support from the top
Feb24_0003.jpg

It looks kinda pittiful, doesn't it?
Feb24_0004.jpg

My help for the day
Feb24_0005.jpg

Its much easier when you don't care about the car
Feb24_0006.jpg

Feb24_0007.jpg

Out and rolled away from the car
Feb24_0008.jpg

completely stipped. bumpers and all
Feb24_0010.jpg

tunnel cut so I have the console brackets
Feb24_0011.jpg

goodbye Barracuda
Feb24_0012.jpg

Feb24_0002.jpg

Feb24_0003.jpg

Feb24_0004.jpg

Feb24_0005.jpg

Feb24_0006.jpg

Feb24_0007.jpg

Feb24_0008.jpg

Feb24_0010.jpg

Feb24_0011.jpg

Feb24_0012.jpg

I made a trunk patch panel tonight. Out of a couple of pieces of the parts car trunk. I'll try to get it in the car in the next couple of days. This is my first time ever welding something this thin. It takes soooo long to do anything with it.

0304100134a.jpg

NO!!!!! Fenderwells rule. hehe

Congrats dude. Yep it's a start! Enjoy!

speaking of headers. I have been saving to get a set of TTI's, but since I've got the power steering off of the parts car I'm thinking Schumackers. The only problem is I've already bought a 3" exhaust, and the Schumackers have a 2.5" collector. :-k

I got one of my frame connectors done today. I only got one done, but I'm getting over the flu. I had to modifiy it more than I thought. It wouldn't clear the rear floor pan. The worse welds I ever done and I post it on the internet. LOL.

0315101402a.jpg

0315101402b.jpg

0315101402c.jpg

0315101421a.jpg

0315101443a.jpg

0315101443b.jpg

Finished my cheap paint job. $16.00 total. Also painted the rims and polished the trim rings. It got dark before I could take any good pics.
Wow you painted that for $16?
Thats pretty good for that cheap, did you just use spray paint or what?
It doesn't look bad for spray paint, if thats all you used...

The car is coming along great.
I know you dont think you're getting much accomplished, but compared to the work I have done on my Dart in the nearly 3 years since I bought it, you've made leaps and bounds worth of progress! You make me look lazy!

Wow you painted that for $16?
Thats pretty good for that cheap, did you just use spray paint or what?
It doesn't look bad for spray paint, if thats all you used...

I used Rustoleum Aluminum paint. I bought two quarts at Wal-Mart for $8.00 apiece. It kinda looks like a barn top, but its better than primer

PRHpeSmgGaL.jpg

My headers finally came in the mail. There not on the car yet, but they are so pretty the deserve a picture.

0323101742a.jpg

0323101743a.jpg

Way to go Eric,your doing great!Glad to see you got all the needed stuff from your parts car.All the spare stuff will sure come in handy when needed,you won,t have to go buy it.Did you start a bolt bucket?Always great to have around.Keep up the great job!

-
Back