My first non-Mopar

-

2shelbys

Reaction score
Well, here I am a few years shy of 50 and I finally bought my first non-Mopar and it is the best $500 I ever spent. Not only is it my first non-Mopar but it is my first car with power windows/locks etc. A friend at work was moving back home (to the Czech republic) on short notice so he sold me this for $500:

BMW3.jpg

BMW4.jpg

It's a 1990 BMW 735i. The amazing thing about this car is that in spite of having 190,000 miles on it, it still runs, drives, and rides like it rolled off the assembly line yesterday, does not have even one rattle, squeak, or water/air leak, everything works, and I mean EVERYTHING, and it gets 22MPG on the highway. Quiet as a Church, comfortable as a living room. I guess it better be. The thing was $60,000 in 1990. One heck of a daily driver thank you very much.

You stole it brother, you should drive it to the nearest police station and turn yourself in! Good find!

Honestly I would be a BMW fan if their image wasn't so "arrogant" to me. It's also sad how they are great cars but these days most people who own them don't really appreciate that.

Definitely wouldn't get rid of one if I could have it though.

Second that! $500.00? How are you going to sleep tonight?
Hey, he offered it to me at that price. He got an amazing job offer back home but had to be there in 10 days. He wanted to focus on moving the family and all their stuff, not on selling cars. He also had a '97 528i with 91,000 on it for $4K but we didn't need two more cars.

You stole it brother, you should drive it to the nearest police station and turn yourself in! Good find!
I seem to have really good luck when it comes to being in the right place at the right time automotively. I got my '69 Formula S 383 4-speed coupe for $1,600 in 1982 when it had 13,701 miles on it.

Honestly I would be a BMW fan if their image wasn't so "arrogant" to me. It's also sad how they are great cars but these days most people who own them don't really appreciate that.

Definitely wouldn't get rid of one if I could have it though.

yea we had 2 come into our shop and they were the 2 dirtiest and mistreated cars i have ever seen. and its a disgrace to think of how much they paid for the car and to see how bad they treat them. it just blows my mind.

-
Back