My first song is finally ready to go!!!!!

-

Slugger8985

Reaction score
Hey yall I just wanted to everybody know that my first song has finally been recorded, cut, and mastered and is ready for the world to hear!!!! I decided the best way to make a statement is to do my own little version of a song that still holds true even today and has always been one of my favorites, "Are You Sure Hank Done it This Way" by Waylon Jennings. I did not write this song, nor do I take any credit for the writing of it. Take a listen, tell me what yall think, and if ya like pass it on to anyone and everyone ya can. I'm really kinda curious to see how far out there it can get. Thanks again yall and let me know what ya think of it!!!!!

Brad

http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/complete_profile/2739939#!/bradrogersmusic

There are 21 diffrent ones, What one is yours ?

try searchin for bradrogersmusic. if that dont work let me know and ill figure somethin out

Ok yall we'll try it this way.......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXuFCl9-IXA&feature=share"]Are You Sure Hank Done it This Way - YouTube[/ame]

The first link works just fine here. Under the word SONGS click the play button.

Sounds good.

Thank yall for listenin!!!! Bkbond12, it's ok I understand haha. It's just been one of my favorite songs since I was a little kid so I figured I'd give it a shot. Thanks for listenin though it really does me alot to me!!!!

Thank yall for listenin!!!! Bkbond12, it's ok I understand haha. It's just been one of my favorite songs since I was a little kid so I figured I'd give it a shot. Thanks for listenin though it really does me alot to me!!!!

It wasn't your voice, just the song. It's just too much southern twang for my taste. I think you should try Johnny Cash. I know he covered "Hurt" from NIN, but it's one of my favorite folk/country songs. I think you should try that song or write one of your own and we can give it another go. :)

Country isnt my thing but overall its pretty good. A little flange heavy, but thats unique in a country song so i am down with that.

Bkbond12 definitely can and will do. believe it or not but it's gotten some pretty good attention on facebook and reverbnation. We're already planning on putting another one together. I've had a few I started writing but took a break thanks to work (work always gets in the way of play). Hemitheus I know exactly what you mean. The effect I used to track the second and third guitar parts was called "Face Out" so it rolls in and out. At some parts of the song it coincides a little too much with the other guitar parts though and you can tell. I tried cleaning it up as much as I could in the equalization process but it's tough when you don't have big external speakers to plug it into. The engineer that usually does all the work for me mastered it best he could but we just couldn't get rid of that. Overall it got cleaned up alot from the original scratch tracks but I definitely hear what you are saying. Thanks again for listening guys!!!!

Great piece of work. Keep going strong.
What year A-body photo will be on your first CD

Well if anybody's willing to donate a car for the cause I'd kill for a 67 GTX hahahaha. But if not I'd like to have my Valiant fixed up enough to put on there. Who knows though I have a long ways to go still. If anybody knows a steel guitarist in the NE Kansas/NW Missouri area please, please, PLEASE let me know!!!! When I was working in Texas there was an abundance of them but now that I'm back home I can't find a single one!!!! Thanks again everybody and keep on listening!!!!!

Thank y'all again for listening to the song!!! I jumped up to 38th in the KC area on the musician website I posted it to. Keep on listenin and more to come soon!!!

Sounds Great. Keep it up. Country will always lead you down the right road.

Good job! You have a very nice voice, I think you covered it well, good luck!!

Thank yall again!!! Apparently the website I went through to start putting songs up has a thing going that you'll possibly be selected for auditions on some show called The Voice? Talked to my fiance about it (she's real into shows like that) and sounds like it has Blake Shelton as one of the judges. I highly doubt anything will come of it (I personally don't like the shows, seems kind of like a get rich/famous quick scheme almost), especially since I have a whopping ONE song to choose from haha. I think they'd be more interested in a newer/flashier country sound than the classics. BUUUTTTT, I have always been and will always be respectful to where country music came from!!!! If you ask me 99.9% of what you hear on country music stations today AIN'T COUNTRY MUSIC AT ALL!!!!! But again, that's just me............

-
Back