My headers nightmare

-
Bottom line, all headers suck to install. Some suck a lot more than others!

If you go to my recent postings I got it done bang free and pain free by removing the steering box and horns place the header
place the steering box tighten it lower your motor and tighten header now your clash may come in the form of the steering coupler I haven't got mine back on so I can let u know but at this time everything else is in place and tight

Allz I know is, one side is a *****, I think it was the passenger side? Its been quite a few years. I ran headmans on my car, yeah I know, but they were in the budget. Anyhoo, the passenger side bottomed out over bumps/ railroad tracks etc. and crushed the collectors flat. I then switched back to factory 349 manifolds. If I ever run headers again I will spenda-munnie on TTI behing the steering headers.

LMAO @Dartswinger70 !!!

Yes man, driverside header is the "Mutha" to install. I just did TTI's in the wife's car. Not perfect but excellent. 1 ding required. All well!

Good to know, but i likely wont be running headers, gravel roads and running low wont be nice to them. But i honestly thought headers were headers. Not so according to what i have learned here. Thanks.

wait - you paid them!?? :wtf: did they say WHY the headers wouldn't fit? this is still the USA - if you don't deliver on a contract - you don't friggin' get paid!! that there is some true blue :bs_flag: - at the very least you should "out" the dumbasses - so do tell, what is the name of this incompetent "muffler shop" ???

I SOOOO totally agree with this.
If I could afford it I would give em ONE day pay just to try to be fair.
A week, psh
700 for a week and couldn't do it, Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot?

LMAO @Dartswinger70 !!!

Yes man, driverside header is the "Mutha" to install. I just did TTI's in the wife's car. Not perfect but excellent. 1 ding required. All well!

There's the passenger side, and then there's The Dark Side. :D
I have one ding on the passenger side for the oversized T bar, and one for the damn idler arm to get by.
I'm about ready to remount the idler arm about 2 degrees down on the end.:D

-
Back