My Hemi Charger resufaces after 20 years

-

va58

Restoration Jedi
Reaction score
Checking out the cars on ebay and see a car that I found in Va and restore in Chicago when I work for the Man I sold it to. He wanted to win the Mopar Nats and so did I. He owned a drywall co. Even after twenty years the restoration still looks great. I wasn't even sure that it was my old car until i saw the vin number on the engine and trans. Working six days a week restoration took me 18 months. There were many others involved in this restoration that helped make it happen. most of those names have been lost in my old man memory except for Dave Barker. A engine builder and shop owner in the chicagoland area. Enjoy these pics of the find, restoration, magazine spread in a long ago magazine, getting that trophy at the Mopar Nats, ( That's me!) and then check out the car on Ebay My scanner is not working so I had to use phone to take pics of pics. Will go in and try to turn photo around of junk yard

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969...9531426?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2318c6b6a2

Attachments

• Charger rt 010.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 468
  • Charger rt 027.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 491
  • Charger rt 021.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 483
  • Charger rt 020.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 472
  • Charger rt 017.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 474
  • Charger rt 016.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 485
  • Charger rt 014.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 476
cool story, very cool Charger and sweet chick! LOL

if you are talking about the centerfold, that is Mellisa Bigwood. She was a member of a mopar club in the Jamestown Ny, Area. She was a 1990's babydoll. the other girl was a mopar performance girl hire to give out the car trophy's that year...

But seriously, that is one sweet Charger. I wish that I had $100, 000 + to throw around.

After the awards I jump back in thr charger and unlike the show poodles before me that went down the quartermile at five miles an hour, when the christmas turned green I poped the clutch and wailed on it, the crowd went crazy! The owner also went crazy on me when I got back to the trailer.. But if was worth it that car was wicked fast....

Her legs just don't stop.

Just thought I would add a few more of Sweet Melissa.....

Attachments

• Sweet melissa 008.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 295
  • Sweet melissa 011.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 309
  • Sweet melissa 006.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 318
  • Sweet melissa 021.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 283
  • Sweet melissa 025.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 301
3 things,first beautiful work.2nd,nice to see it as in one piece.3rd,the lady was stunning,thanks.

Buy it back!
I would to love to do this, but after surviving a divorce two years ago that cost me sixty five thousands dollars to keep my house and alimony paid, this will not be in the cards. Hell, the thought of retiring in ten years, will not happen now.lol. I will slowly restore my 72 340 Duster and remember this Hemi Charger like the hot girl friend we have when we were young men. Can't hold on to everything, but the memories will be there!! Wanted to post this for the enjoyment of my fabo friends.... if my barn find 72 duster 340 comes out close to this I will be very happy. some of the best car restorers are people with obsessive compulsive disorder, and I have aged, but that has remained the same... details, details.........................

At least you got a clue,you had the intellingence to work your moment.

-
Back