My *** is grass......bought another Dart..

-
I truly cant believe you guys are really this slow. Me and Scamp remember the Dart R/T that was found in the western states. He's found it and he's gona suprise us all. Were ready. Bring it on. This wife thing is funny. My wife knows damn good and well that when i find a car that i want, it's a done deal. Oh sure she puts up a small squable so she will be able to justify her purchases. It's still pretty good when the lights go out.
Small Block

Not an A body, but I got myself into trouble with this a few days ago.

55 Fargo COE.jpg

I usually tell my wife as I am on the way to pick it up.When we went to Alabama to pick up my brother in laws car I told her as we were crossing the border.I also feel that it is better to ask forgiveness than permission.

Nice find, Cudavert -
Looks like it even has current registration.
More 14" wheels to sell now?

This is a Craigslist special......smokin' deal, I thought.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/1405138832.html

Some of the highlights are......custom-made 15X8 SBP rear wheels.....BRAND NEW Doug's headers!!.......HD 6-leaf rear springs.......new trans (904 I think) .......supposedly "built" 360 engine (I don't know why the ad read 383)......original radiator AND a larger later one......mint grille......WHITE interior (I'm a sucker for white int's)

The story I got from the guy was that this was his son's car and that the kid apparently "gave up" on the car about 4 yrs ago.......I know one thing....he may have hit a snag trying to hook up the trans shift linkage to that factory floor shifter. This drivetrain came from a donor duster, and it was supposedly pretty fast, but the kid never got the engine running in this dart. I'll see......I'll have to hop under it and see what's up......I think I'll have 'er runnin' in a week or so.

I checked the casting date.......it's a '75 360. Very clean down near the freeze plugs and oil pan. Maybe it is fresh.....just hope it doesn't have those 7:1 slugs in it.

P1002161.jpg

Well?.....feedback?......you guys think it's an okay deal? I know it's kind of a big question mark with that motor........and there are some rust bubbling under that vinyl top. But I thought it was a good deal........let me know.....now the suspense is killing ME!

Looks like you got a great deal to me.I wouldn't know what to do with a car that didn't have rusty quarters, trunk extensions, pans or rockers. I would love to have that parked in my driveway.

Nice looking Dart. Gonna be worth the cold shoulder for awhile. Once you got it going and take her for a cruise she will warm up, my wife did!

Well it's not a BB, that's obvious. First thing I'd do is tear off the vinyl roof and depending what ya find or don't find will decide whether ya got a good deal or a real good deal. What do the floor pans look like and the trunk floor and the sub frames.

Terry

I think you got a screamin deal bud!!! That car would cost 3 or 4 grand at least in Canada,if not more like 5. It looks very clean and straight too. Diamond in the rough...

Get it running!

Well I say you stole that thing from Chuck:toothy10:
I think like Terry said is to lose the vinyl to see what condition the roof is. Either way, the body looks nice and straight so you can afford to put some work into the roof,if need be

-
Back