my nephew got lucky im not his dad

-
Running out of gas sucks and the walk to find fuel and get going reinforces "the Suck".

I'm with you in this... When the kids don't restock the TP, I don't either. In fact I remove the tissue box and the wet wipes lol
They learned real quick that they don't want to run short in the future.

But I digress.

Running out of gas sucks and the walk to find fuel and get going reinforces "the Suck".

I'm with you in this... When the kids don't restock the TP, I don't either. In fact I remove the tissue box and the wet wipes lol
They learned real quick that they don't want to run short in the future.

But I digress.

man, I cant wait till my kids are passed the stage where I need to check the adequacy of their wiping :pale:

Well, this is just hilarious. I don't say there will not be a day that I won't ever get stranded, because **** happens. Hell a couple months back I was driving my wife's Camaro home from a full rebuild...yeah everything except the fuses....a ***** to run a TPI without power to the fuel pump.

As a father of six I have been subject to a litany of moments where I wonder how in the hell they will survive. My son started driving. I showed him everything...same as the older sister. He left his lights on, at the end of baseball practice a Call comes in...car won't start.

What do you mean? Won't start. Yeah, I hear you, turn over, not getting fuel, no spark, what? I don't know what you mean. Are you in the car? Yes. Put the phone on speaker and try to start...ok...click, click, click. Your battery is dead. How? You just bought it! Yes, I am aware of that. Are your lights on? Silence....no. What took you so long to tell me that? I walked to the front of the car to check the lights. You do know the lights require power, right? Um, yeah I guess. So if your battery is dead how did you think the lights would work? Let me rephrase, is the light switch in the on position? Yes. Well there is your problem. Turn that off. Will it start now, he asks? No, turning off the lights is not magic. Your battery is still dead. What do I do? Will you come get me? No. Well what do I do? Fix it. How? Remember the jumper cables in the kit I bought you? Yes. Use them. How?

Now mind you, he is 3.5 miles from my house. I have already left, driven past him, and parked in the lot adjacent to where he is out of his line of sight. Full on observation mode.

They are color coded red to red and black to black. Ok who do I hook it to? Ask anyone nearby for a jump. A jump? Yes, you are jumping the electricity from their non-dead battery having - actually running car to yours. Ok.

Was hard to watch and not help but he hasn't left his lights on since.

Had an E body with a fuel gauge that was way off, was on the highway and started getting the early warning symptoms of fuel running low. Didn't want to be stuck on the side of the highway, so I brought the car up to a very very high rate of speed and when the car finally did die was able to drift along the highway at a good pace and up the off ramp where the light was green and drifted right through the intersection down the street and was still going at a good enough speed to bypass the first gas station because they were too expensive and glide right into the second gas station in front of the pump. I'm sure everyone around me thought I was driving an electric powered Cuda.

-
Back