my new 2 speaker set up in the dash.

-

nephlyte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So, i got a nice two speaker adapter from 74 sport. Then i got two goods 3.5 inch speakers, which conveniently came with mounting hardware. Then i got a free speaker off craigslist and removed the felt. I had to make a mock up first with tape before glue. Then i ruined the felt. But i think i worked it out well.

Speakersandjunk.jpg

Then i took the felt and glued it onto the adapter and drill the right holes for the speakers to mount on. It looks ugly in the back.

adapterwithfeltback.jpg

But, i like how it looks in the front.

adapterwithfelttop.jpg

Then i just screwed those speakers in.

newspeakers002.jpg

And i think its going to look good under the dash.

newspeakers001.jpg

Good job! I thought of going that direction...but I found a speaker on ebay that did the job... About $45.00

but I found the dual speakers being so close...really can't tell its "stereo" but it looks stock!

Good luck!

Good job! I thought of going that direction...but I found a speaker on ebay that did the job... About $45.00

but I found the dual speakers being so close...really can't tell its "stereo" but it looks stock!

Good luck!

Ya, now that its in, i realized i should've spent more on speakers. But my problem was that i listen to a lot of weird music that uses both channels. And the stereo i had would only play one. So now my music sounds right again.

And you can't even tell now that its in the dash and thats what i wanted. Well, except that i have a modern stereo. But, i'm hoping to paint that and find some chrome knobs. i'll see if i can get it looking right.

Thanks for the post and great tip on covering the speaker plate with some black felt. I bought one of these from 74 Sport also, but have not yet installed it. I painted it black, but I like your idea of covering both the speakers and the plate better so nothing shows thru the dash. :-D

Now for the subwoofers!

LOL
:thumbup:
Actually i still don't have speakers in the back of the car. hehe. I'll get those soon enough.

I painted mine black first too. It shined thru with just the felt and the aluminum. It fits perfectly too.

-
Back