My NEW 65 Barracuda Project

-

BillaCuda

Big Time
Reaction score
This is my newly purchased 1965 Barracuda. It has some electrical problems and a few engine issues, but this is the beauty I got for an AMAZING price. I found her online sitting in a retirement community in the middle of BFE.

It has a 273 V8 Torque Flight and EVERYTHING is original. So far I've added new Cragar S/S 14x6 wheels and tires, had the original radiator re-cored and rebuilt the Carter 2brl carb.

I took her out today for a test drive today and the damn needle on the speedo broke right off. The car coughs and gargles when I put the foot down. Found out it had the wrong PCV valve and I think there may be some debris under the carb.

These are pics of when I picked her up. Yup, she was in that condition.

Please let me know what you think and any ideas you might have moving forward with my project.

Attachments

• cuda1.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 163
  • cuda2.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 152
  • cuda3.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 152
  • cuda4.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 144
  • cuda5.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 160
  • cuda6.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 160
  • cuda7.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 144
  • cuda8.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 158
  • cuda9.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 148
  • cuda10.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 158
There seems to be some fading of the interior, I bet that could be dyed to bring it back to life a bit. The car looks nice, the speedometer is easy to replace with another or send the original out for repair. I posted some links in the past for reasionable seatbelt reproductions.

There seems to be some fading of the interior, I bet that could be dyed to bring it back to life a bit. The car looks nice, the speedometer is easy to replace with another or send the original out for repair. I posted some links in the past for reasionable seatbelt reproductions.

I'm not sure what to do about the speedometer yet. Prob send out for repair. I'm debating between redying the seats or just redoing the seats. I'll look into your past post about the seatbelts. Can't wait to have her as my daily driver.

Nice car! If the vinyl on the seats is till supple you can dye them with SEM vinyl spray. If they're kind of stiff or crispy Legendary has upholstery in correct color and pattern. You can get the original style door panels from Legendary too.

-
Back