My new car 69 DART GTS

-

sirmopar

Reaction score
New project i acquired , I have title with vin number , but someone robbed the vin from the dash. Any thoughts on that ? Car needs some TLC , going to be a long road ahead .

Attachments

• IMG_0535.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 352
originally it was a 383 4 speed , the originals are long gone, I do have a 383 and 4 speed to install though .

New project i acquired , I have title with vin number , but someone robbed the vin from the dash. Any thoughts on that ? Car needs some TLC , going to be a long road ahead .

It's gonna make a nice racecar, if your title doesn't match the "hidden" VINs

title matches the vin stamped in the trunk. Though the plate on the dash is gone.

Might want to get the title transfer and registration sorted out before spending much time or money on the car. Might be no big deal or a royal pain in the ***.

Here in California they look for two vin. numbers on a car for a vin. verification at DMV. Does the Dart have the number on the core support or fender tag?

It sounds like no fender tag either? I just hope there's not another Dart running around with that dash plate and fender tag that someone got another title for...

I agree guys, it might turn out to be a real headache. I think the DMV would at least issue a new VIN at the very least. no numbers on core support , fender tag is gone , probably with whoever stole the vin from dash. I'm going try and title it tomorrow, it may get interesting.

the Secretary of State (DMV) , will order a new vin tag WITH THE FACTORY VIN ! ! ! I think thats pretty good news . Any other thoughts ?

Its Michigan man, you could always get around the no vin thing..... :wink: :wink:

the Secretary of State (DMV) , will order a new vin tag WITH THE FACTORY VIN ! ! ! I think thats pretty good news . Any other thoughts ?

I have the title , so i knew i could register and drive it . I don't have plans to sell it , but i may change my mind in 30 years . Nice to know it will still be an LS23 383 car.

looks like nice project,glad hear about vin,i hope you got it reasonable as the big block A body specific engine parts are expensive and hard to find but at least the z bar and bell housing pivot are reproduced cheap.

originally it was a 383 4 speed , the originals are long gone, I do have a 383 and 4 speed to install though .

the right year 383 block with the front bossed drilled and tapped for the funky motor mount?

should be a fun toy once done. looks like a ton of work ahead for ya. start a project thread when wrenches start turning.

original vin or not, im glad to see another one escape the crusher. the pond is drying up with these cars. happy to see them getting restored.

Sounds like you may want to do a search for that VIN and see if it turns up anywhere... A 383 4-speed dart is a desireable car, and I wonder if somebody robbed the VIN and Fender tag to sell a dilapidated POS as an LS23 383 car. Somebody may be driving around thinking they have an all original numbers matching car, when in reality, you have the rest of the pieces lol.

Just a thought I had. Good luck with the restoration.

-Mike

thanks guys , I thought about parting it out and sending it to the crusher. I think its worth saving , what do you guys think ? their is still hope i can find the original motor and trans , but its going to take some time and a lot of dedication . I had the secretary of state search the VIN , mine is the only car in michigan.

I think some states will put a new vin plate on the car . probably will really hurt the value but if your not selling it who cares! with a car in that rough of shape to start with you probably wouldn't have made money on it anyways.

-
Back