My New car

-

crooked1/2dozen

Reaction score
This may already be posted!
I'm new here, and am just sorting out how to post, let's see if this goes through as a repeat, or if it goes through at all.

Dan

Testing, testing ... it worked!!! Wow, what a sweet looking old vert that is! Please don't be shy with the pics. Whatcha got under the hood?

This thread should be moved to the Welcome Wagon forum. New guys need all the attention they can get. :-D Enjoy the best Mopar site out there!

Testing, testing ... it worked!!! Wow, what a sweet looking old vert that is! Please don't be shy with the pics. Whatcha got under the hood?

This thread should be moved to the Welcome Wagon forum. New guys need all the attention they can get. :-D Enjoy the best Mopar site out there!

Thanks for the Kudos (cudas??) gents. There's a slant Super 225 under the hood. By the way, what is a vert???!!!

Dan

Hey Dan, nice car ya got there. Welcome to the site.

A 'Vert, is short for convertible. Makes sense now, eh.

How long have you had her?

Just got the car a month ago. I'm the 3rd owner, I knew the second owner who bought the car about 25 years ago. He bought it from the estate of the little old lady from....Calgary who originally owned it. I'd like to get some 14" rims for it, it needs new tires, but I don't want to buy 13" tires just to replace them shortly. As an aside, I'm in the little town of Shaunavon Saskatchewan working right now. I saw a Mopar sign in a garage in town, stopped in to see about 14" rims, apparently the old shop owner was a Mopar guy but passed away, 2 months ago the new guy took a pile of old "useless, who would want them" parts to the scrapyard, a bunch of slants, tons of interior parts from early 60s cars, instrument panels, interior panels, etc.. He still has a bunch of stuff though. I told him about this site, I think he's kind of kicking himself right now. When I was leaving, I saw some dusty hubcaps sitting in the corner, so ended up getting 4 dog dish caps in real good condition from him. He was happy to get $20 for them, did I pay too much?

I'll try to get some more pics in a larger format, too.

Dan

Hi Dan, thanks for sharing the pictures, but now we want more! Kind of like throwing fish to some hungry sharks...

How about telling us know how you got it. It's always interesting to learn how a 40+ year old car in good condition found a new owner that appreciates it.

-
Back