My new find

-
48 Dodge coupe all orig.

This does not mean what you think it means.
Henceforth, exhibit A:
Already bought it and just got it home and drove around.The 100 hp is slow but adding cam and offenhouser with the 3 two barrels and some other work she will hold her own pretty good. I agree 42,000 miles but it sat for many years the the elderly gent had body taken off and redone. New brakes and all hardewhare new fuel lines new tires orig rims and hubcaps. I thought I found a diamond in the rough. And at a great price.

Cool car It will still be running when todays cars are crushed.

That sheet metal is so thick that if it hit one of todays cars the new car would crumple like aluminum foil and barely scratch the paint on it, maybe a nick or a ding....

Very nice indeed :cheers::cheers: and a driver at that =P~=P~
congratulations on a super great solid cool ride :color:

Nice car. An old Dodge is a great companion for an A-Body. Check out this forum for the old girl. http://p15-d24.com

100_0532.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• flathead.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 151
Very cool! I agree, these are awesome cars to have in the stable alongside your A-body muscle. I love how they're built, almost like a truck in many ways. Here's a website, they cater to the flathead six crowd......

http://www.langdonsstovebolt.com/

3283517.jpg

Still 6 volt, any guess value?? I know what the book value is. It goes from basket case to mint

Attachments

• image.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 153
Looks pretty solid from what I can see in the pics, hows the bottom of the trunk lid and around the trunk around the latch area? Seems like those cars always have rot in those areas. Do a compression test on the engine before throwing speed parts at it, 40000 miles doesn't seem like a lot by today's standards but that was a decent amount back then, probably could use a quick valve job at the very least. Those old flatheads will run very smooth even when worn out with little compression.

-
Back