My new ride (not a mopar).

-

JoeDust451

Reaction score
Its a 78 cutlass i picked up back in feb., its come along way in 2 months, it has a 406 sbc i put together. I re-did & dyed the interior, just have the dash left. It has around 430hp, 480-500 lb torque. Its nice having PS & PBs.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 328
  • 001.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 322
Nice Cutlass, I recently got a 78 myself but I I had to stay mopar. The 75-85 cars of all brands are picking up steam. Its getting painted as we speak, and I am gonna build a sb stroker for it next winter.

Attachments

• CRAIGSLIST001.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 312
Nice Cutlass, I recently got a 78 myself but I I had to stay mopar. The 75-85 cars of all brands are picking up steam. Its getting painted as we speak, and I am gonna build a sb stroker for it next winter.

Looks good.

I needed a change, seems like every mopar i get i end up not keeping it, so i went another direction, i've always liked the 78-80 cutlass, its light, comes with PS & PBs & parts are cheap.

Cheap parts must be nice, I bet that thing rocks pretty good with 400 plus hp. I wanted something different as well, I was looking for a driver to have fun with and I couldnt pass it up.

1987, you probably battled alot of Mustangs, GN's and IROC's. Man I got tired of those cars, everybody had one.

You lucky "49 State" guys and your lassaiz-faire !
Must be nice to be able to pick up a "smog hog" and go to town making it run properly, and not have to be concerned with I/M smog inspections !

Nice Cutlass , by the way ! Those early ,post-Collonade A/G Bodies are nice ! I mean , I sincerely like the '73-'77 GM 'A' Bodies , but those '78-'87 A/G's are a nice canvas to work with .

And , that '78 'M' Body Dippy would make a nice sleeper with what you've planned for it .

You lucky "49 State" guys and your lassaiz-faire !
Must be nice to be able to pick up a "smog hog" and go to town making it run properly, and not have to be concerned with I/M smog inspections !

Nice Cutlass , by the way ! Those early ,post-Collonade A/G Bodies are nice ! I mean , I sincerely like the '73-'77 GM 'A' Bodies , but those '78-'87 A/G's are a nice canvas to work with .

And , that '78 'M' Body Dippy would make a nice sleeper with what you've planned for it .

Hell yes its nice, my 79 Dodge thinks its a 69 Dodge, ha ha

Nobody looks at our cars here in Michigan, you could take a 2012 car and rip all the smog and safety crap out of it and as long as you can drive pass the police like everybody else, they leave you alone.

Michigan just went up another notch, now helmets are not required for motorbikes. We got no speed or red light cameras, no dui checkpoints, the police must see you break a traffic law or have a very good reason to stop and speak with you. No car pool traffic lanes--they tried it on one road but then state police informed the city that Michigan has no laws for car pool lanes, ha ha

I don't like those GM cars thou, they pull good money on ebay but my brother had a 84 Cutlass, look sweet but drove shitty. The steering felt so mussy and out of touch. Those rear coil springs hold the road for nothing. Mopar still built good rear wheel cars till 1988-89, kind of tight inside but a good overall car--once all the smog crap was rip out, lol

I'm a big fan of the 81+ Regal/Cutlass/Monte body style. Wish I'd never sold my T-type.

Attachments

• regal 01.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 199
I've had a couple 79s in my time. Other than the rear frame rails that disintegrate(here in the rustbelt anyway), they are fun,relatively cheap,comfortable cars. :thumblef:

Im seeing lots of guys looking for something different. Im still looking at fox body Mustangs. I can pick a nice one up for 4K and beat the ever loving crap out of it. In stead of buying a 4K mopar and sinking another 4K in it to make it drivable.

Im seeing lots of guys looking for something different. Im still looking at fox body Mustangs. I can pick a nice one up for 4K and beat the ever loving crap out of it. In stead of buying a 4K mopar and sinking another 4K in it to make it drivable.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I've got about 33-3500.00 in this one.

-
Back