My new ride...

-

ATW

Reaction score
I sold my '69 Dart in December and have been lurking for a car since. Unfortunately, I haven't come across a Dart or Barracuda that won me over in my price range.

I've always been a fan of rat/street rods so I began searching for something along those lines as well. Found this about 100 miles away ..picked it up yesterday. Not sure how well this forum will embrace the car, but I thought I would share anyway...(even if there are no mopar parts on it.. :( )

1931 Model A Sedan - 4" chop - custom frame - 327 SBC

-1.jpg

rat21.jpg

ratint.jpg

0317121104.jpg

Great looking ride, have fun and enjoy, life is to short!

Let me see if I can find a picture of a 19?? Hudson that was here just 10 miles up the road that looks just like it, he sold it about last October, I would almost swear it's the same car :eek:ccasion: You are going to enjoy that very cool ride :glasses7: Congratulations :eek:ccasion::eek:ccasion:

Cool rod man. I like the use of road signs as flooring/panel on the interior. Nothing wrong with a good running 327 either.

Enjoy!

Pat

here latley i have been wanting a ratrod yours looks good

Dude! That thing is SICK!!!! I love it. I have been wanting a rat rod for sometime and have recently worked a deal on a 53 Dodge truck that I am going to use. I can't wait to get it here and start on it.

757ee7b5.jpg

Some specs of the car:
All new Speedway front end (spring, arms, disc brakes,
Original bumpers front and rear
Front cowl is a from a '32 (with A/C vent.. :D)
327 from a 65 'Vette
Engine skirts and hood custom cut from a 1932 La Salle to fit the body of the Model A
Ford 9" rear
Adjustable rear Speedway coilovers
Corvair steering box
Dual Flowmaster exhaust
Roof from an 80's full size van grafted to the top..
Lokar shifter
2 speed powerglide transmission
All wiring is run in flexible conduit.
Sound deadener on the floor and roof.
It runs and drives well. Could use a tune-up. It rides like an 81 year old car.. you can hear every squeak and rattle! I'm going to get it running to 100% and work on the creaks and squeaks as they come..

Thanks for all the kind words.

i think it needs an old poly 318 or a first gen hemi, but thats just me ...otherwise ,very cool ride

Pretty sweet ride...especially the road sign interior....cool idea.
A buddy of mine's dad has a 1930's Huddy all ratrodded with centerline convo pro's, coil-overs, and a tunnel rammed 440/727. Nasty lookin car.
They're just now putting together a 53/4 Ford truck on a 93 Dodge 2wd frame w/air bags, and....a Cummins!!

Dude! That thing is SICK!!!! I love it. I have been wanting a rat rod for sometime and have recently worked a deal on a 53 Dodge truck that I am going to use. I can't wait to get it here and start on it.

757ee7b5.jpg

Sweet, I've got a '48.

What's in yours? Mine has the original 218 Flathead 6, optional 4-speed on the floor, optional 2-speed wipers, optional dome light, and optional heater.

Look's awesome man, good to see you got another ride, you can allways throw a 340 in it, haha., congrats!!

-
Back