my new toy 1983 atc

-

63VALIANT*KISS

Reaction score
what ive learned about this thing is its a 1983 honda 185sport atc with a pull start 180cc engine needs some work but turns over so good sign .

was hoping maybe some ppl know about these things my first small engine..... and i think this one is missing a engine part if u know about these i can post the engine pic lmk. thought it was cool enough to show just needs some work but will deffinitly be the coolest 3wheeler on the block......and the only

Attachments

• 001 (640x480).jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 123
Hey mate - I know a bit about single cylinder Hondas... Post some pics - Does it turn over?

These ATCs were known as absolute widowmakers, good for wheelies and falling over while cornering. Should be awesome fun!

gotta steel femur on the right leg from one of those

I had one back in the day. One of the most dangerous rides I ever had. Here's a couple of pointers. Don't turn too sharply or two quickly, and don't turn AT ALL going down hill!!!

I was fortunate in that i was never seriously injured on mine, but mt cousin lost 3" of his leg, and has a steel bar bolted to his femur as a result of crashing and rolling it over.

They were discontinued for a very good reason, please be very careful, and use some common sense, for example wear a helmet, because you will roll it.
Also, I wouldn't advise letting kids ride it.

Good luck, be smart, stay safe. :thumbup:

btw, don't lock the rear axle, unless you're on loose dirt, must, sand or snow. On hard surfaces use it in 1 wheel drive. Everything will last longer, and you won't get a bunch of rear wheel hope when turning.

Be careful. These three wheelers were notorious for tipping over around corners. So much that they took them off the market for that reason.

I guess you could say that it turns over pretty well....

yes thanks a buntch guys i will post more pics my plans is to just get it running and be super careful and granny that thing around dont wanna break anything yea the cornig thing is a huge issue but there so rare and uniouqe that its cool had to have one even if it was to just say that i had one

Frankie is right about them being discontinued for a reason.....be safe.....

heres some engine pics i have like 3 hoses leading to nowhere. when i pull the cord i hear air pushing out through the tailpipe so yes i beleave it will run.

Attachments

• 004 (640x480).jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 005 (640x480).jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 006 (640x480).jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 75
-
Back