My new toy

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I had mentioned last week I was picking up a new car. Well, here it is.

ser1.jpg

1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R. 2.0 liter-freshly re-built 5spd. w/ new clutch-4 wheel drilled disc's-strut tower braces-braided steel brake hose's-ceramic coated 4-1 header-low restriction exhaust-K&N air filter-200w aftermarket stereo-sun roof-COLD A/C-15" alloys w/ 205-50-15 Potenza's. Bad news?
ser2.jpg

Front 3/4 nose damage. Runs & drives perfect! Just ugly from this angle....

ser3_680x510.jpg

And it's got a nice interior. It's a 2 owner car with 90K on it. This car will rot to the ground before I have the engine apart. And it's almost as much fun to toss around as the new GTI! Plus I can repair the body damage with aftermarket sheetmetal for about $150! I can't even get a poke in the eye for that kinda money when it comes to the `Cuda....

Best part? $600..... I'm a happy boy :happy6:

Mopar471 said:
uht oh better get maaco.

Looks worst than it is..... Did I mention it has a 7,400 RPM red line?

This car is FUN to blast around in.....:burnout:

:roll:

First it was white face gauges and now you go and get a Nissan rice rocket. You better get that 340 6-pack running pretty soon or else we're going to have to ban you. :bootysha:

Just teasing. I am actually considering selling my Impala and getting an el' cheapo Jap car for a beater too. This 12mpg crap with $2.29/gal gas is draining my bank account of mod money.

GotDart said:
:roll:

First it was white face gauges and now you go and get a Nissan rice rocket. You better get that 340 6-pack running pretty soon or else we're going to have to ban you. :bootysha:

Just teasing. I am actually considering selling my Impala and getting an el' cheapo Jap car for a beater too. This 12mpg crap with $2.29/gal gas is draining my bank account of mod money.

There's a guy near me with a 440 powered `68 Chrysler wagon thats for sale. Nice condition. Nice appetite for gas too. Regular is $2.59, high test is $2.89 out here.

Did I mention the SE-R has a 7,400 rpm red line and gets OVER 25 MPG? :tongue1:

That will buff right out, LOL. I like any thing you can beat the snot out of John. I had a 2000 civic SI. Can you say 9000 rpm red line ? It wasnt very fast but I was the envy of every ricer in town.

i was thinking about buying a '94 Sentra to use as my beater car too....i have to go look at it sometime in the next month. it would be nice to put my car up to work on it and do the resto right.

I still miss my Nissan Skyline R33 That i had while i was stationed over in Japan. That thing was quick as hell.

Xanth said:
I still miss my Nissan Skyline R33 That i had while i was stationed over in Japan. That thing was quick as hell.

Those things are SCAREY fast! I work for Nissan and hear all the stories from tech instructors and field reps. on those cars. Word is they are bringing a "Skyline" state side based on the Infiniti G-35....

And as for Valiant Effort, buy the Sentra. My wife has a `94 that we beat the wheels off of and it never skips a beat. Base model 1.6-auto 4dr. cruncher. 105,000miles and it runs great. Ugly as all hell... but runs great.

Board member Tweety owns a Skyline. Had it imported from Japan.

FASTBACK340 said:
Those things are SCAREY fast! I work for Nissan and hear all the stories from tech instructors and field reps. on those cars. Word is they are bringing a "Skyline" state side based on the Infiniti G-35....

And as for Valiant Effort, buy the Sentra. My wife has a `94 that we beat the wheels off of and it never skips a beat. Base model 1.6-auto 4dr. cruncher. 105,000miles and it runs great. Ugly as all hell... but runs great.

I'm a sales manager for Nissan, my son Mark had several early 240sx's stateside and a Skyline while he was stationed in Okinawa. My son Michael had a quick 200 SX SE-R which he sold to buy another one with half the miles (60000) for half of rhe price what he got for the one he sold. He also has a '91 Twin Turbo with JDM motor that will probabaly be about 450 Horsepower when done. Michael also has a '72 Dodge Demon. Those lil SE-R's are some bad mutha's with the right tuning and have a Timing Chain to boot!

2 guys that work for Nissan. Now I dont feel so bad for working at a Honda dealer.

AdamR said:
2 guys that work for Nissan. Now I dont feel so bad for working at a Honda dealer.

Shitty Nissans = GOOD Paychecks !

I do OK fixing those buzz-boxes thank you very much! ;)

73roadrunner said:
Being we both work for Nissan...we feel bad for you! :D J/K Adam ;)

Yeah but you actually tell people they're good cars and convince them to buy one. I juist wash the things. :wink:

my wife has an infinity g35 and thats a great car for a ricer but nobody notices it, you'll never find it and 50 others cruising, and it cost more than 250.00 a year to insure. i never miss cupholders, wouldn't work with all my horsepower anyway.

-
Back