My old Duster (May 1987)

-
One good thing you choose your heroes wisely! LOL...
Hat my son gave me off the Mac tool truck a couple years ago..
View attachment 1715506228 View attachment 1715506229
Did I detect some sarcasm?...lol...
I remember as a kid (teenager) going to the track with my buddies and there was just something spectacular about those nos cars coming up to the staging area and purging blowing thru the hood I freaking loved it. There was one car in particular that had a wrap and the front of his mustang was a bull and when he purged it came out the bulls nostrils it was so cool. But the more I learn about turbos the more I like them. I want to do a 5.9 magnum turbo in my truck. I wish I had the money I'd fix it up all nice and stock looking with a 700 hp turbo 5.9 magnum. Show all them stupid diesel boys what it's all about haha

PBR
So at what point, for you, were you just done with the SS Springs and when ladder or 4 link.
Nice looking car and love the meats on the back!!!!!

7B0272EF-EA6B-45CC-B596-CC7B893DF3A3.jpeg
CCAA9860-9638-4646-8F6A-89AE4B9B3BBF.jpeg
A4AF72CC-9A63-49F2-964B-332763B84991.jpeg
PBR
So at what point, for you, were you just done with the SS Springs and when ladder or 4 link.
Nice looking car and love the meats on the back!!!!!

That car was super clean and had less than 500 miles on it when turned into a race car by the original owner. Back then I had almost zero tools needed to upgrade the chassis and zero knowledge of knowing how to go about it. A buddy of mine was selling a Pro Street 1982 Dodge Charger tat had a 4 link and 16-32 slicks on it. A way heavier car with the same combo it ran 10.0’s all day long. I changed it over to a powerglide instead of a 727 and did very well in that car. It still had the stock wheels on it when I bought it so a buddy redrilled a set of centerline wheels to five bolt 100mm pattern. It comes down to the reason I moved on from super stock springs was track prep. Our track manager was on a limited budget and the car worked great Friday night and cooler summer Sunday's. But when the track got hot consistently suffered.

D9D80FBF-DFFF-40F6-A674-C44057183D02.jpeg
7010D225-5E5B-42E9-98AC-E45429A9C1E0.jpeg
The same friend bought three of my old race cars. The two listed above and my 1969 Dart which was my second race car and my first big block car. I paid 1600.00 for this car as a roller around 1976 and it ended up running 10.25-10.40’s.

So adjability was the reason for going to a 4 link?
In other words, you never got rid of a SS Spring setup, because you couldn't get it to hook any more???????.......

So adjability was the reason for going to a 4 link?
In other words, you never got rid of a SS Spring setup, because you couldn't get it to hook any more???????.......

My combos were maxed out for the time. Zeeker aluminum heads were just hitting the market and he bought me a weekend VIP pass to the tower at Norwalk after talking to him about buying a set but it wasn’t in the budget at the time. Would I run the today? Hell no!!! Not with caltracks available and my son being very good at setting them up and does so for several guys. My blue heads up car has them on as does his car. Did super sticks springs work? Heck ya especially with today’s prep. Mine even back then weren’t as delivered and needed work. But remember my car was totally stock in the front end except for 90/10 shocks

Nice pictures John. Remember the Mopar days at Keystone? This was around 1992 running my 68 Charger just to see what it would do. With street tires it still ran 12.80s.

keystone1 001 (2).jpg

keystone2 001 (2).jpg

-
Back