My paint job............

-

SBDart

Reaction score
this is my paint job i did on monday ...IT SUCKS. thats all i can say.
it got some drit in it thats okay i can live with that runs i can live with that also thats why they make sandpaper for . but the body work is crap i worked on the 1/4 's blocked the for about a week or so to make sure they looked good. (NOT) the paint gun sucked its all my fult it was a sharp 775 good gun in it day but not on monday. so i am going to sand it all over and repaint it with a new paint gun .. it s not a show car i know this it just a street ride but damn . i have painted a few car in my day but this one just sucks my first car i painted looked better then this. i will post some pic but you can not see what i am talking about.

Attachments

• RCA_0093.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 409
  • RCA_0095.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 409
  • RCA_0098.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 394
No worries man. The best guide coat is fresh paint. Let it dry and get out the blocks and sand away. Unless it's lost an edge from sanding or not there hard to tell in the pics.

It's a tough color to paint.

Maybe some broad pinstriping along the body line to minimize the driver rear quarter? Photos don't make it look too bad, but in person can be different.

What grit sand paper did you use to do your filler work? What grit for primer? What size block did you use to do filler and primer work with?

QUOTE=green1;1396592]Go back to bodywork, finish sand whole car with 400. then re-shoot.[/QUOTE]

After i have had some time to cool down and think about it. this is what i am going to do just what green one said. and buy a new paint gun. I think i have just enought paint to reshoot the car. If not i will buy more paint. some other cars i have painted. So it not like this is my first dance.

Attachments

• dak1-1.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 231
  • P527006166 cornet.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 240
  • P5270062.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 230
  • th_newdart200208.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 222
  • RCA_0106-1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 231
-