My restoration 73 duster

-
just read the whole tread! and looked at the pics aswell ofcourse! looks fantastic!

Pulled the axles out last night .Need to replace bearings ,keeper on drivers side is striped .Glad we found this out before putting on road.Did some wet sanding and buffing on passenger side .Also removed front bumper .I finally broke down and ordered a re chromed front bumper.All in hopes to Have ready for our Mopar magic show (in Events on this site) All are welcome to our show free admission for walk in and $25 to enter a car which will also earn you a dash plac and tee shirt of the show .If you are able to make it Please ask for me I would like to meet anyone from ABodies only. The burn out pit will be smoking trust me :burnout:

looks good! hey i was looking at getting one of those ABS instument panels but was told they were'nt very sturdy. can you tell me if they are sturdy enough? they look good to me. thanks

Tony

looks good! hey i was looking at getting one of those ABS instument panels but was told they were'nt very sturdy. can you tell me if they are sturdy enough? they look good to me. thanks

Tony
Tony;
they ar made of plastic and are a little cheap but the gauge package
makes up for the rest .
R BEE

thanks, i can add kydex to the back to stiffen it if i need to

Tony

I just couldn"t resist The weather was a sun shiny day the car was
test drive ready. Brakes ready, exhaust aahhh ready:) So I headed out.
Down the road to the 50 mph highway . Went about three miles to my brothers house which is on a dead end road off the main road by about 300 yds.Backed it up his driveway and hit the loud button (i love that thing) I had threatened him for three years that when I finished I was coming over to lite um up .He has a next door neighbor that has a pumped up camaro with 3" exhaust and runs it at all times of the day or night so bro was all for it.
Time in ride on ride now was about 5 mins. So loud button on and a smile on my face my bro standing there with just as big of a smile and says do it!!!! So I floored this little Duster of mine and she did just what I wanted
a nice straight burn first and second on the auto .I look in my mirror and all I see is smoke.What a great burn out :) I look in front of me and what WHAT WHAT !!!! A FREAKEN COP at the end of the dead end all ready had his blue light on . I am saying **** -**** **** as I am trying to shut off the loud button before I slide beside him . UN Believable I just sat there shaking my head I couldnt believe my luck. He comes to my window and says NOT GOOD :( I said hereis my license and reg, and insurance card.
Then he says wheres your inspection sticker. I told him I was taken to the garage next door which was true . He just shook his head and went back to cruiser .Mind you there was still smoke coming off tires .
Well short story from here I got a warning and have a duster fan :)
Got to love the older police that lived in my decade . I thanked him he told me to put it away until it was inspected. Now I want to make sure that there isn't a GPS tracking on this thing.Anyway my first ride ended up OK.
Just a little shorter then I had planned.
Oh I did invite the police officer to our Mopar Magic show on Fathers Day
told him there would be lots of cars like mine in attendance.
He just shook his head again and said he was putting in for the weekend off.Umm wonder why :)
:burnout:R BEE

Thanks for talking everyone into making the trip on a questionable weather day. Mark your 2014 fathers day with an X . We are already making plans for a bigger and better show.
It was nice to meet you next year I expect to see that duster of yours!!!

-
Back