My RHD Barracuda

-
that thing is cool as hell id love to have it keep posting pics and get that thing up and running id love to see it on the road it will probably freak a bunch of people out. Justin

Wow! has it really been that many years since I started this thread and that long since i've updated with pics?

What a bad mopar man i am!

Im thinking I'll have to post my pics onto the photo gallery....I have hundreds since I started the project....heck it started even before then.

Hey Everyone,

So its been almost 3yrs since my last posting regarding my British Barracuda.
I suppose an update is about warranted...lol, especially since this thread started on 2006. **** how time fly's by.

So basically, in a nutshell..its been alittle bit of this and a little that... and still one would expect something more.
As it happens, life has a funny way of taking you the long way with projects.

Ive tried to do something every year with her, even though it may not seem like much....a little does start to add up.

photobucket link.
http://s1337.photobucket.com/

At this time she sits on dolly wheels (uscartool.com). After 3 years on a frame table and countless hours of metal fab, its turned a corner of sorts on her long journey back to modern road worthlessness.

Ill post some more on PB shortly as it hasn't been updated either in quite sometime.

Hey b67cuda...I've followed your build pretty much from the start and i must say that your restoration is by far the best representation of my own 68.

I can only hope that mine does it justice....outstanding job bro.

Nice one Sully.

Haven't seen your thread before so I'm well impressed indeed!
John the Brit here and just to let you know My first mopar in 84 was a RHD ragtop form Central London!
It was dull white but totally rust free back then.
My painter mate (69 Charger owner) in London town did a perfect repaint for me in R4 red.
It was slow and worn out so I bought a rusty Jensen Interceptor and swapped the 383/727 out in a week!
Went like the Clappers but was dangerous as hell...:drama:

Those were the 80's in the UK, anything goes lol...:rofl:

Keep up the good work and get the worthless piece of Mopar iron back on the road...
Worth $30,000 now...:thumbsup::usflag::lol:

Was this yours?

FB_IMG_1582144339058.jpg

Hi Sully, certainly looks like my old Cuda.
I sold it to Nigel Cooper who is/was a Facel Vega restorer in Fulham London.
His wife used to drive it everywhere with the hood down and the kids in the back lol.
Those were the days my friend, I thought they'd never end...:thankyou::usflag:

Hi Sully, certainly looks like my old Cuda.
I sold it to Nigel Cooper who is/was a Facel Vega restorer in Fulham London.
His wife used to drive it everywhere with the hood down and the kids in the back lol.
Those were the days my friend, I thought they'd never end...:thankyou::usflag:

Wonder if its still around?..
See any in wreckers these days?
I'd love to find another dash board., my center is a bit cut up from radio destruction.

If you need any RHD trim bits I have a bunch around here, I did the ALterK front end deal on mine, I'm still waiting for the new RHD rack from Flaming River though. As for skyline vs cuda, no comment- although Norm (Mopar 71) will tell you quite how fast that little car is around the lanes here and it's got a LOT fast since then...

Hey Tweety/Andy,

we spoke many many years ago. I'll suspect it was regarding Valiant Chargers but could be wrong. :D I think I posted you a Wing Mirror Blanking plate? Anyway, do you still happen to have some RHD Barracuda parts? Specifically Convertible bits?

Cheers,

Andy

Sully, regarding your first post on the RHD Barracuda in NY. I found a gold RHD Barracuda in a junkyard just outside of Binghamton NY. It was just about rusted in half. It was used to deliver mail and the only thing that I removed from it was the mirror delete plate. Years later I ran into a fellow with a RHD Barracuda convertible and it turned out to be the nephew of the owner of the junkyard. He had taken the RHD parts off of the fastback and installed them on the convertible. My big mistake back then was not buying the two 69 Formula S Barracuda Convertibles that he had stashed. Both were 4-speeds, one being a 340 and the other was a 383. He also had a Super Bird with a standard Road Runner nose on it. The dealer removed the original nose and installed the RR nose when the car was new because he couldn’t get anybody to buy it the way it was. The funny thing was that they left the wing on it and he told me that he ran into one of the mechanics who remembered throwing the nose into the dumpster after switch was made.

Wonder if its still around?..
See any in wreckers these days?
I'd love to find another dash board., my center is a bit cut up from radio destruction.

I might have a perfect dash for you if you're still interested?

Sully, regarding your first post on the RHD Barracuda in NY. I found a gold RHD Barracuda in a junkyard just outside of Binghamton NY. It was just about rusted in half. It was used to deliver mail and the only thing that I removed from it was the mirror delete plate. Years later I ran into a fellow with a RHD Barracuda convertible and it turned out to be the nephew of the owner of the junkyard. He had taken the RHD parts off of the fastback and installed them on the convertible. My big mistake back then was not buying the two 69 Formula S Barracuda Convertibles that he had stashed. Both were 4-speeds, one being a 340 and the other was a 383. He also had a Super Bird with a standard Road Runner nose on it. The dealer removed the original nose and installed the RR nose when the car was new because he couldn’t get anybody to buy it the way it was. The funny thing was that they left the wing on it and he told me that he ran into one of the mechanics who remembered throwing the nose into the dumpster after switch was made.

Man, if you could turn back time, huh?

Does not sound like a UK car though?

Why is that interesting?
Figured that a RH drive car would be built for export, and the majority of those countries use the metric system. I have read the recent post that the car was used for mail delivery. Which is still interesting. Of all the vehicles that could be special ordered for mail delivery, it seems that a second generation Barracuda would not top the list.

Figured that a RH drive car would be built for export, and the majority of those countries use the metric system. I have read the recent post that the car was used for mail delivery. Which is still interesting. Of all the vehicles that could be special ordered for mail delivery, it seems that a second generation Barracuda would not top the list.

Well prepare to be surprised. :D

Do you have any idea what the up charge was for the RH drive option?
And could any Chrysler/Plymouth dealer order that?

Not a clue, sorry. But the RHD cars where built in the US (maybe Canada as well?) So I cant see that being an issue?

One of the people that delivers our mail uses a later model Jeep that is RHD so somehow you can still order them.

I did testing at Roush in Livonia, MI (Detroit area) several times. There was always a couple RHD Cherokees in the parking lot. Apparently a company imports them and sells them to mail carriers. The reason they're at Roush is that they have to pass an emissions certification before sold in the US.

-
Back