My Scamp

-

72plymouthscamp

FOOSE ME
Reaction score
This by far the cleanist a body I have ever come across, I only paid 750.00 for the rolling chassis it already had the frame tied and 3iun inboard kit installed with s/s springs. Engine trans rear and wheels and tires I added later.

1972 plymouth scamp 001.jpg

1972 plymouth scamp 002.jpg

1972 plymouth scamp 003.jpg

1972 plymouth scamp 004.jpg

1972 plymouth scamp 005.jpg

1972 plymouth scamp 006.jpg

1972 plymouth scamp 007.jpg

I was gonna ask you to post pictures. That's a really nice car.
Especially for the price! wow.

nice score! gotta love the uniqueness of the scamp, dont see too many of them....mind you though, the ones you do are all in that same colour (I think its sherwood green poly)...that was the colour of mine before i painted it...either way, for 750 bucks that was a steal! what size tire you got under it with the relocation kit?

That interior is sano! What a great score. I've lots more for a lot less.. and been happy.

Grant

I have a 26 or 26.5 tall tire its about 8.5inches wide and if I could get the right offset I could go another 2-3 inches in width

The deals are out there but most of us just don't find them because they are word of mouth and you have to be at the right place at the right time. A friend over in the Grand Rapids area picked up a 2dr 72 dart with almost no rust (little bubbles behind the rear tires), 20K+ miles slant six auto with perfect original interior for $200 about 2 years ago. They are out there.

Very nice Scamp. The 71-72 Scamps are at the top of my wish list.

Thank you for the comment, The way I found it was I had a 1980 newport ( LOCHNES ) and im driving hit a bump in the road and the crossmember broke on the drivers side. It broke bad enough to not fix it, so I went home started searching craigslist and just for S&^t's and giggles I typed in plymouth scamp and amazingly it was the only one that popped up. So I call the guy he was asking 1200 obo I went and looked at it I was sold as soon as I seen it in person. I know it's not perfect but it is a really good starting point and I can have fun with it for a few years before I decide to restore it or make a drag car out of it not sure yet.

nice score! gotta love the uniqueness of the scamp, dont see too many of them....mind you though, the ones you do are all in that same colour (I think its sherwood green poly)...that was the colour of mine before i painted it...either way, for 750 bucks that was a steal! what size tire you got under it with the relocation kit?

Bought my '71 from Craigslist....Original Sassy Grass with black vinyl top and black interior, /6-904-7-1/4....Paid $600 and sold the engine and trans for $300 plus a set of J heads.

Little bit of rust but overall really straight and solid.

The deals are out there if you look.

Scamp.jpg

Good looking car, I like all the green especially the interior.

Looks like the rear seat has never been sat in.

i love scamps, im going all out with mine, sorry no pics cause i dont have a good camera at the moment but im painting it at the moment. ill try and get some pics up asap (the one in my avatar is not mine)

-
Back