my Sisters '63 Dart GT

-

37fleetwood

Reaction score
today I spent the afternoon doing some work on my Sisters '63 Dart GT. while it was here I took a photo or two and thought I'd post them.
p1020358.jpg

p1020360.jpg

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love 63 & 64 Darts. toolmanmike

wow, I really didn't expect this many responses this soon.
let's see, the story starts back in the early '80's when my Uncle who is now 83 owned a towing company. somewhere this Dart was run into a hot dog stand and hit the deep fryer burning the paint, wiring and broke the windshield along with the damage to the fender and hood etc. I originally pursued this car back then but my uncle was convinced that it was worth tons of money. fast forward 20 years and thousands of Dollars and lots of parts from Legendary and year one to make it back to the super valuable collector car my uncle thought it was and the car was put back together by my cousin who repainted the car and installed all the parts. after all this my Uncle was convinced that the car was much too nice and much too valuable to drive so he decided to sell it. after trying to get the $20,000 he felt it was worth for several years, he was finally forced to face reality and my sister made him an offer which was fair, all things considered. it was a bit more than he could have gotten otherwise but not as much as he thought it was worth.

so the car is a relatively low mileage car that has been off the road for about 20 years and has been redone a bit. my Sister now drives it to her work and back slowly and carefully every day and has named it "Owen" since the license plate's first three letters are OEN.

oh, and today I fixed a small leak in the radiator top tank, and I changed the speedometer cable which was broken and I tightened the turn signal lever which was working loose. tomorrow I'm going to tighten the steering box which has become loose for some reason.

Thanks Fleetwood,the steering box loosening?Maybe thats why it hit the hotdog stand in the first place?LOL:-D

there were NO GT in 63,, but that car looks great,,,what part of the country are you inn that that car is that nice???

Hi, we live in southern California. the GT option came out in 1962 on the Lancer, this one is definitely a GT. and it's true, things out here just don't really rust. my Dart doesn't look as stunning as this one but mine is almost entirely original paint.
p1020358a.jpg

1963DodgeDart-03.jpg

woooow man,, sorry i have never seen a 63 GT,, I stand corrected,,,,i assumed the GT didnt come out till the V-8 option,,not that it had to be a V-8 but i had never seen a 63 GT,,,, ide assume it has to be rare,,,,, and i like that placement of the GT emblem vs the other,,,kool

-
Back