My street/strip combo is almost complete.

-

Badart

Reaction score
What do you think it will run and why? It's a 71 Dart street car. It's currently apart for paint and body and I am just curious. My engine builder is almost done and I am really excited.

Zero deck 360, shooting for 10.1 cr
KB 107 .030" over
Comp XE275HL .525 .525 lift
1.6 roller rockers so lift is around .560" lift
J heads 2.02 1.60 bushed for 11/32 ss valves
Bowl blend and runner clean up (hoping to flow 250 ish @ .500)
Eddy rpm intake
Holley 750 4160 vacuum secondaries
Hooker comp headers to 3" flowmasters
904 with TF2 and 3K stall convertor
3.91 gears
Alston parallel 4 link/150 lb coilovers.
325/50/15 drag radials.

Attachments

• ride3.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 366
  • ride4.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 370
I would guess mid ish 11s?? Not sure really but I know when I had my demon carb with vacuum secondaries it would lag like crazy out of the gate.

mid to high 11's.

Do so report back!!!!!!!

mid to high 11's.

Do so report back!!!!!!!

Thanks guys. 11's was my goal.

Will do Rumble. I plan to have the car painted and back together next spring. Where would you start for squirters, primary jets, secondary jets? Altitude is 5,000 ft.

thats pretty badass badart! id leave the paint and body how it is! i think it looks cool half finished paint and body work! i like "driver' cars and ''in progress" builds!!! :)

thats pretty badass badart! id leave the paint and body how it is! i think it looks cool half finished paint and body work! i like "driver' cars and ''in progress" builds!!! :)

LOL. I have heard that before. I actually have enjoyed driving like this for the last 2 years, because the real car guys can see the potential and give me compliments all of the time. Most people turn up their noses to it.

Mopardude I have enjoyed both of your builds. Keep up the good work. :thumblef:

I’m going to say ~ 12.7. Altitude takes a chunk out of your power potential. I grew up in Colorado…when I moved to Indiana my car picked up a little over a second.

FWIW, my old 360 street combo (eddy heads, MP 292/509 purple cam, 750dp, 10:1 comp) ran 13.9-13.5 depending on the weather in Colorado and dropped to 12.4 in Indiana.

I am not a tec but I agree :love10: I like the look you have now :thumleft: congratulations on your Dart build Badart :headbang: I can't wait to get some work dun and see Victoria in primer ;-)

100 shot of spray should help with the altitude. I have been thinking about it anyway.

WOW! Your up there, LOL, so to speak. I live real close to sea level. (Long Island New York) I didn't think about that. On the carb, run the carb OOTB and check plugs. Smell the exhaust gas at the rear. That is how I start. Perhaps someone else that lives in your area can give a tip on that.

LOL. I have heard that before. I actually have enjoyed driving like this for the last 2 years, because the real car guys can see the potential and give me compliments all of the time. Most people turn up their noses to it.

Mopardude I have enjoyed both of your builds. Keep up the good work. :thumblef:

Hey thanks! My 70 Dart build has came to a complete halt for a year. So I've been working only my 68 cuda here and there and once I get it drivable, the work on the dart will start to pick up again! :)

I really like the way the car looks in the pics.
I would be tempted to leave it like that and screw what everyone else thinks of it.
The stance is good, and the wide tires on the back look just right.
Is that a 9'' rear end in it?
I agree that mid 12's are the number it would run at this altitude.
What color are you going with on the body? The orange look in your avitar?

100 shot of spray should help with the altitude. I have been thinking about it anyway.

Oh yeah! A 150 shot on my car in Colorado would drop my times from mid to high 13's to low 11's. Bringing your own atmosphere in a bottle is a GREAT idea at high altitude tracks.:thumbup:

The alt. will kill it a good 3/4 second, The race weight depends on it too, I'll say mid-high 12s, 11.6-7s at 1000ft., Drop a DPer on her, Unless you get a spring kit for the pod, QF sells a nice adj. pod for around 38.00 the last time i checked.

Don't waist your time on a 100 shot, at least start off with a 125. That should pull you into the 11s Hopefully if the 60fts. are decent.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Cudaspaz the dart does have full interior with back seat.

I really like the way the car looks in the pics.
I would be tempted to leave it like that and screw what everyone else thinks of it.
The stance is good, and the wide tires on the back look just right.
Is that a 9'' rear end in it?
I agree that mid 12's are the number it would run at this altitude.
What color are you going with on the body? The orange look in your avitar?

It is a narrowed big bearing 9", detroit locker and custom axles. The body color will be similar to my avitar. I would love to do a candy color, but I am not that good of a painter.

-
Back