My turbo cam recommendations are in.

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
Reed at worksturbo sent me some cam specs for my street/strip twin turbo build. Because the 9W heads flow so well, we will not need a ton of duration. LLooking for a camshaft around the following specs, solid roller

Intake, 232-234* min, 238-242 max @ .050
Exhaust 234-236*min, 238-242 max @ .050

Get the valve lift in as much as possible and it still be reliable for my use. with the 1.6 rocker ratio I was thinking in the 630 range.

"I can get into IVO and EVO events, but I think for your application lets keep it simple. Get the ICL at 110 and the lsa around 114 and you cant go wrong...there might be more powerful setups for your application, but with this you will have a wide operating range that will make the HP you want pretty easily. If the cam comes in on the small side of the duration, you can go with a 112 LSA to help with the revs a little."

If it were me, I would contact Oregon Cam Grinders. We've had quite a few done from them in the very recent past and they were very high quality. Customer service was very good. They will grind anything you want, but if you find a grind on their list, it is only 70 bucks. They will also change the LSA at no charge and make small adjustments to the specs at no charge. I recommend them highly.

My builder has cam cores and he is WD with Crower so they will be doing the cam, but I got the specs from Reed with his wealth of turbo knowledge.

ur cam sceps r close to mine for my prochage build. lift .588 and .589 on a 1.6 rocker
110center line, 113 lobe separation, duration @ 50 is int 230, ext 236

yup thats the good thing about a turbo cam.. it needs to be on but doesn't have to be dead nuts like on a N/A build.

Mine is a Solid Roller 241@50 .634 Lift with 1.6 Rockers, 110 ICL with a 114 LCA. This cam sounds nasty at idle & still has that Muscle Car Rumble/Lope. Sounds Naturally Aspirated until the Turbo's start Whistling, Sleeper.

-
Back