My weekend project. What to use for front turn signals on my 65???????

-

Reaction score
OK,
I had to remove my front valance to use it for paint matching some new parts. And boy do I love the look of my dart with out the bumper!!

Any one have any ideas of what to use for front turn signals? I was thinking something round down it the wiring holes. Like a motorcycle round unit? Looks like I could mount them to the middle bolt hole for the valance as it is right in line with the wiring hole. If need be I could make some brackets. Any ideas???????

Thanks!

Attachments

• bumperless.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 185
  • bumperless1.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 175
  • bumperless2.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 185
Looks cool. I'd keep it that way! Looks like an old gasser.
I can't think of a light to fit right now, but there's got to
be some factory lights to fit.

Thanks,
That is the look I am going for. I might just have to go to a bike shop and look around for something. Were I live I am not to worried about not having the signals, but if I take it any were I do not want to have to worry about it.

hide them behind the grill, just inboard of the lights? I have seen one here like yours but it had the holes filled in, smooth look. and I think it was raked so it was lowered in front, looked very cool.

Yea,
I have mine high it the front. Behind the grill is an idea. I was thinking I would find something to put behind the round holes. I am going to leave all 4 holes open. That way I can put the bumper back on if I want, and I figure every bit of air I can get to the radiator is a good thing. This valance is a spare (removed my nice one to have it painted). I am thinking about having one of them tricked out. Have all the holes covered over, and maybe have it louvered in the center to let air in the the radiator. Maybe two rows, one to the LH and one the the RH of the center brace. Would be deferent.

On my 65 Dart wagon I wanted to make a subtle change to the way the front end looked. A friend with a 63 Valiant stopped by one day and I got to looking at his nice thin front bumper. So I took a chance I could make it work and bought the 63 Valiant front bumper Waggin was selling. After modding the Valiant's front bumper braces to clear the Dart's sheetmetal, it should work great. I ran into the same situation with the parking/turn signals. Looked at earlier Dart as well as early Mustang stuff. I finally settled on a pair of thin LED parking/turn signal units I bought on-line at the taillightking website. I'll be using these units in the valance on the outboard upper rectangular slots. As far as the current bumper bracket and round wiring access holes in the valance, I'll weld patches as needed on them.

Yes I know :worthles:

Kinda like this???

This car is my inspiration for my vintage race car. I think he used a 1964 dart bumper but not sure. I am thinking about doing the earlier bumper swap if I can find one.

On my 65 Dart wagon I wanted to make a subtle change to the way the front end looked. A friend with a 63 Valiant stopped by one day and I got to looking at his nice thin front bumper. So I took a chance I could make it work and bought the 63 Valiant front bumper Waggin was selling. After modding the Valiant's front bumper braces to clear the Dart's sheetmetal, it should work great. I ran into the same situation with the parking/turn signals. Looked at earlier Dart as well as early Mustang stuff. I finally settled on a pair of thin LED parking/turn signal units I bought on-line at the taillightking website. I'll be using these units in the valance on the outboard upper rectangular slots. As far as the current bumper bracket and round wiring access holes in the valance, I'll weld patches as needed on them.

Yes I know :worthles:

Attachments

• dartrace.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 111
I wonder if mid 60's Corvette tailights would fit those holes. You would also need to find amber lenses to fit.

Edit: I didn't even consider the obvious choice which would be 63-64 Dart parking lights.

Kinda like this???

This car is my inspiration for my vintage race car. I think he used a 1964 dart bumper but not sure. I am thinking about doing the earlier bumper swap if I can find one.

Yep just like that. In fact the bumper looks real close to what I'm using. The thin bumper definitely adds a subtle change to the front end. Here's a picture of when I was mocking it up.

Attachments

• car stuff 007.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 94
I like it!
If I could find a 64 Dart bumper I would try it.

Yep just like that. In fact the bumper looks real close to what I'm using. The thin bumper definitely adds a subtle change to the front end. Here's a picture of when I was mocking it up.

-
Back