mystery brackets questions

-

22dog22

Reaction score
have some brackets I think they maybe the pivot assy, for a manual trans set up and others that I think maybe for the alternator mounting, do any of these have any value ? anyone want to buy them?

Attachments

• headlite bucketbrackets 004.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 193
  • headlite bucketbrackets 005.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 186
  • headlite bucketbrackets 006.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 192
  • headlite bucketbrackets 007.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 191
The first set are actually for an automatic. Don't know if they have any value. I have a couple sets around here as well.

thanks for the information, I think I will just get rid of them since I do not need them.

Good for you. I'm hoping this year is the year I get rid of stuff I don't plan to ever use as well.

I think the last 2 pics are a alternator bracket off a AC equipped small block.
The others are auto trans linkage.

You will never need any of those brackets. Unless you get rid of them. Then you will.

I agree, i dont toss anything away now. I have kicked myself in the butt too many times to count over pitching stuff , or selling stuff i didnt think i needed only to find later on i had to buy it again.

I think the last 2 pics are a alternator bracket off a AC equipped small block.
The others are auto trans linkage.

The triangular bracket looks like the early style alt bracket for the sb up to '69.

The lower alt bracket (slotted) for A/C I've seen on the later model sb's in the mid 70's (may be as early as 70...).

I don't think that the lower bracket was used with the triangular one shown in the pictures. I think that you need the 70 and later triangular shaped bracket to work with the lower bracket which is different. The early A/C systems in the late 60's had a single belt with an idler pulley and that you used to set the tension.

The 70 and later style had double belts that also took double groove alt pulley and double pulley water pump pulley (4 groove crank pulley with P/S and 3 groove crank pulley without)...

The Z-bar and linkages should be worth something to someone. Someone may need them to get their car running...

I wouldn't just throw them away or scrap them. Post them up for sale and see what you can get for them and help someone out....

I agree, i dont toss anything away now. I have kicked myself in the butt too many times to count over pitching stuff , or selling stuff i didnt think i needed only to find later on i had to buy it again.

That's exactly why I don't like to sell my parts.... :???:

Sooner or later, you will need them.... :banghead:

-
Back