Mystery Part

-

QWK FSH

Reaction score
This thing came on the '69 Cuda under dash harness I purchased. Stupid me, I got in a hurry when I was cleaning it up and pulled this from it's plug and didn't catch what connector I pulled it from. I thought I saw a cage for something like this under my dash but couldn't find it when I went back under the dash.

What is it and what connector did this dumb *** pull it from?

I hope you all don't tired of me asking stupid questions, I'll learn from you and i'll pass it along at some point I'm sure!

P1010042.jpg

Could it be possible this is for the courtosy (spelling) lamp timer?

Don't worry about stupid questions. When I first came to the site I had plenty and no one got upset with me or told me to use the "search" first.

I don't know what it is for but I had these holders (the rusty part) under my dash. They have broken off and fell on the floor when I was rewiring my car. Thanks... now I know what they are for. Your cuda harness must came with a option that mine didn't because I didn't have any square relay looking object in my harness. When I added a 21 circuit wiring harness to my car I didn't have to use anything like that. I'm curious know what it is for now.

I agree with mike. try your turning signals see if they work, signal and or flasher. more like relay. horn? It clips into a hole somewhere in the limits of reach. I believe it goes close to right side of column, under dash.:-k

I think I may have solved the question. I'm not certain but I think it is a door buzzer. The horn relay is mounted in the drivers side kick panel area, the T/S flasher is beside the ash tray, the E flasher kinda hangs by the fuse block, the ignition delay canister I think is more like a long T/S flasher. I think I saw a pic today of something like this that was described as a buzzer. Well see down the road when I put power to the system!

of its pink/red wires or its green/red wires it should be for t/s or hazards. the ignition delay has yellow wires and is a 3 prong.

I'm far from an expert but I came up with an idea. I hooked up the aligator clip of my test light to one prong, then touched the other prong to the negative post of the battery. I then touched the postive post of the battery with the test lights probe. The light came on but it didn't buzz. I'm thinking if it was a buzzer it would have made a noise. So much for that idea...

I'm far from an expert but I came up with an idea. I hooked up the aligator clip of my test light to one prong, then touched the other prong to the negative post of the battery. I then touched the postive post of the battery with the test lights probe. The light came on but it didn't buzz. I'm thinking if it was a buzzer it would have made a noise. So much for that idea...

a test light won't pass enough current to make a buzzer sound off. You need to hook the buzzer up directly to the battery. Just be careful since your not sure if it's actually a buzzer. I'd use a fused test wire to hook it up. That way if it's not a buzzer it won't fry anything, or you.

a test light won't pass enough current to make a buzzer sound off. You need to hook the buzzer up directly to the battery. Just be careful since your not sure if it's actually a buzzer. I'd use a fused test wire to hook it up. That way if it's not a buzzer it won't fry anything, or you.

Thanks, I'll try that. I really thought I was onto something with the test light thing.

-
Back