Mystery roller rockers

-

mopar79sean

Reaction score
I looked at a 318 engine today that seems to be fairly well built that has a set of blue adjustable roller tip rockers that I don't recall seeing before. I hope someone can chim in. They say 318a1.6 near the roller tip.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 314
I'm purchasing this engine but I'm not sure if these rockers are quality peices or not. Please help!

They look like PRW.

Thanks rustyratrod. Will these be decent for my cruise night street car? So far what little research I have done people seem to like them. I don't mind adjusting them once or twice a year.

Yeah they will probably be ok. I have read bad things about their adjusters. People replace them usually with better ones. I would look at them closely. If they look ok I'd run um.

I'm not sure but I did a search on proforms and only came up with 1.5 ratio for small block. I'm worried that they may be sun glory parts. Which before now I have never heard of and sometimes that isn't a good sign.

Does anyone have any information on sun glory parts roller rockers? I have a strange feeling they might be the weak link on this engine.

If the springs are not outrageous and your using it for street, they might be fine. How many miles on them all ready?

They are prw. I have used them on my 408 and they are crap. The shafts for the rollers wear down.

Thanks for the help guys. I will change them out. They are on a rebuilt 318 that hasn't been ran yet.

-
Back