Name these cars?

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I was going to post these earlier but never got around to it. We went 4-wheeling last April at Brimstone Tn. and while driving down a country road on the 4-wheeler and came across these old cars on the side of a cliff. I thought I would post them and see if you can figure out what they are. There is two cars here.

100_2806.jpg

100_2805.jpg

100_2804.jpg

100_2807.jpg

100_2808.jpg

I'm gonna say the black pieces once was a 58 Dodge Coronet - Lancer. No guess on the big rusty chunk.

The twisted mangled car is a 1957 Dodge Coronet. If you look close you can see torsion bars in the last pic. I noticed the second pic that is a front fender and you can see the raised instrument cluster on the dash. Wonder what happened to that car?? Sholld have taken the tail lights and chrome off of the fins, could be worth a few $

The twisted mangled car is a 1957 Dodge Coronet. If you look close you can see torsion bars in the last pic. I noticed the second pic that is a front fender and you can see the raised instrument cluster on the dash. Wonder what happened to that car?? Sholld have taken the tail lights and chrome off of the fins, could be worth a few $

I did think about that, taking the tail lights and the chrome but it was a ways down there and steep. My guess was a 57 coronet too. Now what is the other car? i took the picture of the frame section to show it had torsion bars.

Ya, that big opening in front of the steering column in the firewall and the bellhousing relief is definitely 49-51 Chev.

I was thinking a early Chevy too. notice it has a split windshield, I don't know if that is a tip or not?
Oh yeah, that windshield divider is a dead giveaway IMO.
Ya, that big opening in front of the steering column in the firewall and the bellhousing relief is definitely 49-51 Chev.
Agreed, and the fender profile is also a dead give away. The rear roof line profile is all 49-52 Chevy. My old scout master had one of those. I can still see it today, the stove bolt 6 tail pipe was always kind of flattened,and they set low in the back.

-
Back