Naming Mopars

-

AxelsMopar

WolfiesDuster
Reaction score
Ok so for everyone who saw gone in 60 seconds you remeber how they named the cars right? Well after I watch it again recently I began to think about naming Mopars! So seeing Elinor is a 67 shelby mustang that name could be out unless you really want that name. I was thinking (for many reasons) I'd name the 1973 Dodge Charger(s) Bailey. Im just gunna name all the '73 Chargers Bailey because I liked all of them and because I don't have mine yet (this is me making good on a promise to Bailey). So iwhat would you name your Mopars and or its year?

My Dart got named by all my friends.. 'Bills Buggy, or The Buggy'.. its not a girls name, but its a name none the less LOL

<------ It's not original but since I plan on keeping the paint pretty much as is---" Humble Bee ".

Properly speaking, Eleanor was a '73 Mach 1..

73gone2.jpg

73gone7.jpg

73gone3.jpg

The '74 original movie is a MUST SEE.

Anyway, I think cars should be named as individuals- if they deserve it. My current DD, a '92 F150 I've owned for 4 years, I call "The Black Frog". Years ago now, my best friend Ron bought a green '81 F150 I named "Kermit the Ford". My F150, unfortunately, is black- hence the referential name rather than an homage like "Kermit II" or something similiar.

I also occasionally call her Kathleen (after Ms. Turner) 'cause my wheezy 300 six has such a sexy throaty voice..
icon10.gif

On the flipside of "deserving" a name, I had a blue '89 LeSabre I called "The Bluebird of Crappiness". disgust

The Ramcharger is "the Bus."

The Dip is "Bad Penny" (do a search under my screenname and look for threads started for the story.)

The Sport Satellite is the "Millenium Falcon," named by a friend of mine in high school. As in "it's the fastest hunk of junk in the county" and "You came here in that? You're braver than I thought."

My 65 Valiant Convertible (that is undergoing many changes) is called Lucy. I got this from Narnia where Aslan named Lucy "The Valiant"

The original Missile was named by my friends, The resurrected one may be up for a re-name but only after its completed.
Andrew

I never did name any of my cars. Don't know why just never did. Just call them the Dart, Neon, and the truck. Only car I ever named was my 75 Duster. I am making it in to a Demon so I have been calling it the DustDemon. But I still call it the Duster most of the time.

My scamp is named betty because when i first got it, it was black ( black betty) and at first i wanted to paint it black again but ive rethought that and im now painting it a copper color with metalflake but i still like the name betty. my firebird is named ruby, cause it is a ruby red color but my fiancee calls that car julio.

my fiance calls my valiant chitty chitty bang bang due to an exhaust leak. i just call it val, short for valerie or valiant.

dont these cars have names dodge called mine a dart so i will stick with that

Ok so for everyone who saw gone in 60 seconds you remeber how they named the cars right? Well after I watch it again recently I began to think about naming Mopars! So seeing Elinor is a 67 shelby mustang that name could be out unless you really want that name. I was thinking (for many reasons) I'd name the 1973 Dodge Charger(s) Bailey. Im just gunna name all the '73 Chargers Bailey because I liked all of them and because I don't have mine yet (this is me making good on a promise to Bailey). So iwhat would you name your Mopars and or its year?

All our Mopars have names. They aren't always the same names now as when they first show up though. Our 67 "B.O.F." (Bride of Frankenstein) Started life at our stables as "Veronica" and her car show sign still has that name on it. But as anyone on this site knows, that car soon developed her own name as BOF!8) See names on pics below!!!!

Right now I'm asking FABO membership to name our 69 that's comming back home from our son! (See restoration thread titled ABodyBetty's 1st baby comes back home)

Our cars each have their own personalities (spirit) and have pretty much came up with their own names. With so many I cant just say "I'm leaving in the Dart now!" Bye!

If you do not referr to them by their names, you will surely be doing mechanical repairs soon! Fern was the only one we made a list and picked the name but the car basically picked the name from the list just by the appearence of her, color etc... (See other restore thread titled ABodyBetty's New Baby comes home) There you will see Fern live up to her name with a new paint scene on her roof. She sporting her translation on a mod top. It's her Fern top!
Car first, then usually the name follows. We never named our other normal peoples cars. Just our vintage Abodies due to the other cars had no personality (Spirit)

Hope this helps!

75-86.jpg

75-87.jpg

My Mopar Racer buddie that did a bunch of work for me named my Duster MELLOW YELLOW. Even though it's not that mellow when you giver! Craig..

P1010240.jpg

I call my dart --- the dart. I've never got into giving names to non-living things, even boats. Always seemed a bit weird to me. To each his own though ... no skin off my nose if you want to name your car whatever you want ... just don't expect me to call it by it's name - lol.

-
Back