Napa Gold now made in china

-
Yall need to remember too, that just because something is made in China doesn't automatically make it crappy. There's just so much coming out of China that you're naturally gonna see more bad stuff. There is some junk coming out of China, but not all of it is. As an example, the distributor in my Ford 400 is a Skip White GM style big cap HEI. We all know they're made in China. It's been in my truck over ten years now and in two different engines. I've played around with the ignition curve, but it still has the same module and pickup in it that it came with new. I'd hardly call it junk. How many of yall are running Speedmaster products? Scat cranks and rods? And on and on and on......

Hey George try a transpo adjustable regulator made in the U.S. Flordia i think , and they work good it's all i use now and never had a failure yet close to 3 years now on my truck .

This is interesting with that Transpo Regulator, I ended up using this Transpo 1 wire conversion kit for the 60 amp Motocraft Alternator that I ended up using.

The onboard transpo regulator is adjustable too, but did not have to screw with it. 14.3 volts consistence on the output.

Thanks for bringing that up, looks like all the Parts Store Regulators are crap.

20240530_111027.jpg

20240530_111257.jpg

20240530_135724.jpg

Screenshot_20240530-152038_Firefox.jpg

Oh! Great because RRR! Loves Chy-na now the thread will go to all the “great stories” about CHY-na.

Okay stop laughing.

Fyi went to parts store to get a 904 filter/gasket for cuda. They had Baldwin #18032. So I went with it. Pleasantly surprised with USA made. Comes with 727 gasket as well. Permanent rubber type. Well see how it seals.

20240704_202147.jpg

Some Baldwin filter housings are stamped in Martinsburg WV. I think they also do some Purolator.

The last Wix filter I bought said "made in usa" on it. We need more of that and keep American jobs.

I work at a NAPA and just checked 15 different, popular oil and fuel filter numbers and all say made in the USA on them. Might be stock that is 3-4 months old, but I doubt it.

Some of Wix is made in China as well. It's a world wide market and as long as the Chinese work for pennies an hour with no Unions or Osha this will continue. As long as the USA manufacturers are in control of the quality, there's money to be made.
Simply GREED from suppliers
Just like JOHN DEERE
closing US Plant and heading to MEXICO ( US ) workers loosing thier jobs in the process Corporate Greed
100 %

I use Mopar oil filters. I believe they are made in USA

Check where they are made. If it makes a difference to you, don't buy that filter. May be let the manager know or contact the parent company. I understand why. Profit. Plain and simple!

If you research Baldwin filters, you will see that they have opened manufacturing plants overseas just as everyone else has. I won't post my political thoughts because "that" belongs in N&P.

-
Back