NASCAR Run Amok?

-

'64 Cuda

Reaction score
OK, folks. I went to Wal Mart the other day to do some shopping. I found this "Officially Licensed By NASCAR" product. I bought it because I needed it, but I think it truly makes a statement about NASCAR. I'm just not sure what that statement is..............

I think I'll hang the empty package on the wall in my shop. It makes a great banner! :headbang:

:burnout:

NASCAR run amok.jpg

You are correct Nascar has run amok! Its all about the show, and who can fill the stadium, its not about racing anymore. The cars are all the same, same suspension, same aerodynamically. No one has an advantage because if there cars design. Its just a big bill board to sell products. Then there the engines, for the most part the engines don't resemble any engine that was ever produced. Deck heights, stroke, heads bearing sizes are all different than than any production engine.

Hey! It just occurred to me that these bags might become collectors items! Just think of all of the money to be made reselling them on eBay!

NASCAR is no small potatoes to some people.

I think most in the Chrysler camp feel that it is a farce.

Personally, if I can't buy the car, I don't care about the car.

And Shhhhhhh!.
Don't tell the Bow Ties , but the cars aren't stock.

I agree all the marketing is crap but have you stood at the fence and actually watched one pass you at 200, I have .Its awesome and im hooked so im headed to wally world to get my taters .See yawl I guess its a southern thang.

I gave up when they limited the Daytonas and Superbirds to 305 CID.

Not now.The bag is worth nothing anymore. You ate the potatoes you dummy! LOL

I haven't eaten them yet, honest! I just dumped them into a basket in the kitchen. If I put them back in the bag would it be worth something then? Or have I ruined the value since the package has been opened?

You could always fill it with different potatoes.
It wouldn't be numbers matching.
But as long as they were the correct date coded ones you might escape rebuke.
This assumes you want to keep the orginal potatoes since they are HP and are more valuable.

You might be ok, if you can get the farmer to issue a Certificate of Authenticity for the spuds. Look through them, one might look like Dale jr, it could be worth something...

I think it is very symbolic actually. It is like Nascar is making a statement. "Trying to turn a profit from something they have buried in the dirt" LOL, seriously what is next? I think Jeff Foxworthy has it right, we may just see the Kotex Cup sometime soon.

-
Back