Nascar Sucks

-

pagilman

Reaction score
Most young people today are not aware that General Motors and Ford cryed for years and eventually threated to drop out of NASCAR if the hemi was not banned. The pic below tells it all. That engine would lap at 25 MPH more than the cookie cutters today. Chrysler was punished for superior engineering 40 years ago. Sad, but in todays world everything must be FAIR or we QUIT. I do not watch it to today for that reason, strictly DRAG RACING. My salute to chevy and Ford :finga:

I saw King Richard win a Daytona 500 in '74 or '75. I hardly ever watch NASCAR anymore since they went to the "Car of Tomorrow" crap. The cars share the same bodies! What is this? They should change the name to NA(IROC)AR because there is not a single thing "stock" about them anymore.

Pissed me off when NASCAR banned the Hemi (and essentially all big blocks) and the winged warriors and forced the restrictor plate on the super speedways.

NHRA is not without fault, either...the added so much weight to Hemi cars to "equalize" them.

ive never like drag racing and i hate nascar now, theres to many rules and all the cars look like crap now. it seems like after EVERY wreck, they make up a new stupid rule so it wont happen, its just gotten boring.

ive never like drag racing and i hate nascar now, theres to many rules and all the cars look like crap now. it seems like after EVERY wreck, they make up a new stupid rule so it wont happen, its just gotten boring.

You,d feel different if you had something that would run.

Sorry guy's !! I like NHRA and NASCAR, I did it on the dirt and dragged on the payvment and I enjoy all the B.S. that go's with it.

My sons getting ready for another season!! he is running a little behind, But he will have it on the track soon. Then the guy he is driving for know will have to find someone to take his place in a car he is driving know:-D

100_1273.jpg

100_1339.jpg

100_1340.jpg

100_1343.jpg

100_1344.jpg

im goin to a nascar tech school to learn chassis fabracation starting in augest but im gonna use my education in the drag racing world :)

im goin to a nascar tech school to learn chassis fabracation starting in augest but im gonna use my education in the drag racing world :)

I agree moparkid, the car you see is a Larry Shaw car.:cheers:
The boy is driving for two other guy's and know's how to get these modified
car around the track. I do wish he never got dirt in his blood but that is the way it goes with raising him around straight line and circle track.
I was just glad to see him get a role bar around his butt.
Glad to see him get off of these back brakers:-D

LIFE 007.jpg

LIFE 016.jpg

LIFE 035.jpg

Chryslers answer to Nascar for banning the Hemi was to drop out of Nascar. Chevrolet followed suit. It didn`t take too many (Ford versus Ford) races for Nascar to realize they`d made a big mistake. Like others said the cars were again allowed to run but the Hemi was limited to one 4 barrel while others were allowed to run two 4 barrels. A host of other equalizing tactics were employed to even up the playing field. The hemi at high rpm is such a great design that something had to be done to slow it down and make racing more competitive. There was a DOHC hemi developed that was according to Nascar "out of the question" so further engineering of it was never pursued. Some say that a handful were built. Wouldn`t you like to find a `66 Charger with one of those under the hood? It`s still not a perfect system but Nascar has tried to make racing competitive and safe and with fewer injuries and/or deaths. With 43 car fields that run within fractions of a second of one another, I`d say they`ve done it.

-
Back